Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calorie Tracking on Galaxy Watch5

(Topic created on: 15-04-2023 04:47 PM)
Barnaby67
First Poster
Options

Hello, I have the Galaxy Watch 3, thinking about getting the 5. I had the 2 and have been tracking fitness using Samsung since 2016.

My question: has calorie counting improved at all on the Watch 5?

Some of the recordings on the 3 are ridiculously bad. As an example, I used the watch to track a three hour open water swim, average heart rate was 118, max was 180. It reported I'd burned 223 calories. Then, I did a 1hr 45 minute Yoga class, average heart rate 76, max 122. The app calculated a calorie burn of 537 calories.

Has anyone else had similar experiences and is the 5 any better? Does it use heart rate to calculate calories burned?

Screenshot_20230415_092127_Samsung Health.jpg

Screenshot_20230415_092042_Samsung Health.jpg

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
Disillusion
Journeyman
Options
The 5 is worse I can only detect walking cycling etc doesn't work. As for yoga and swimming I can't say. My S10 used to record cycling without a watch. My S22 had a load of fetiours dropped to force you buying a watch.
0 Likes
Prem Victoria
First Poster
Options

My watch 5 Activity Summary screen only displays latest step counter information. However, calories burnt and active time does not update automatically. However, once I connect to my phone, Samsung Health is automatically updated. An then the summary screen on the watch updates. Why is this?

0 Likes