Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Big issue with watch 5 not showing caller id with incoming calls

(Topic created on: 21-11-2023 12:47 PM)
ashouhdy
Pioneer
Options

hello, am facing a big issue with my wifi enabled gw5 paired by bluetooth with s23u all at latest updates , the incoming calls not showing the id as before just the number,

i have hard reset the watch , deleted the wearable app and reinstalled , repaired the watch as new watch , gave all permissions , set the default phone app as default ,, contacts are shown on the watch normally ,, messages too..

but when i have an incoming call the name not shown , just a number ,, very frustrating ,, i would like to have a responce from samsung ASAP ...  how to fix this !!  my other mates watches are working fine with the same configurations !! only mine !! 

watch =  wearable OS 4.0     phone is  one ui 6

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Phil1402
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem with my Galaxy Watch 5pro and S24 Ultra. It now works for me after I set the following:

Settings / Apps / Coose default apps / Caller ID and spam app / set Phone

View solution in context

41 REPLIES 41
Acehadi
First Poster
Options
  • I ve the same issue with my 6 Classic & 5 Pro. Helpppp cause i choose samsung instead of Huawei is originally it shows
ashouhdy
Pioneer
Options

no reply to us , how can we reach a Samsung employee ?

0 Likes
AntS
Options

Hi @ashouhdy  and @Acehadi ,  Is the Caller ID for incoming calls working and showing fine on your connected phones?

And @ashouhdy: any differences you between your mates' setup and yours (e.g. different model watches, different networks, or different connected phones?)

0 Likes
ashouhdy
Pioneer
Options

hello sir ,  everything on phone S23u Ui6 is working fine , the watch before the latest update was fine .. , my mates are the same setup , S23u / GW5 all updated to latest  and mine not working them working.

i gave permissions on watch and phone to everything 

0 Likes
AntS
Options

@ashouhdy , Cheers! It's a perplexing one! 😕 🤔 Which country are you based in? Did you purchase your Watch5 from a retailer based in that country? And have you been in touch with local Samsung Support where you are? If so, what did they advise you?

0 Likes
ashouhdy
Pioneer
Options

i bought the phone and the watch from saudi Arabia as am working there right now ,, and still there .. didn't go to any Samsung local retailer till now ,, what's confusing is my mate watch and phone we got it same time same retailer and its working fine ,, after digging through the internet i found that its a common bug but didn't find any solution,, its frustrating as the watch now is useless to me .. I don't know who is calling everytime and have to pick up my phone from the locker so basically the watch went useless ... its connected thru Bluetooth & wifi all the time ... can i downgrade to an earlier watch wear os ? if not what shall i do , i reset the watch almost 8 times and gave all permissions , even deleted the wear app from phone and reinstalled but all invain ..,, everything working fine thu , whatsapp notifications , msgz  even messenger !  but  caller id is dead  ,, just a number.

3laa87
Student
Options

I have the same problem with samsung watch 6 and s23 ultra all names with country code don't show the caller name on watch 

ashouhdy
Pioneer
Options

any name with country code is not shown ...   how can we reach Samsung to fix the bug ,,,  many people has this issue ..

0 Likes
ashouhdy
Pioneer
Options

@Samsung officials  @Samsung @AntS 

Up please , mention any official employees.. i need a refund for the watch or a fix

0 Likes