Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery life always exaggerated.

(Topic created on: 18-01-2024 11:14 AM)
Ray42
Voyager
Options
The expected battery life is supposed to be based on the average usage. My usage of my Watch 4 Classic doesn't vary by any noticable amount, so can somebody explain why my watch when fully charged shows an expected life of approx 40 hours but I only actually get 30 hours? I know I can deduct 10 hours from the available time but why should that be necessary?
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
MrKalns
Journeyman
Options

Let me preface this by saying - I am not an expert. It might depend on how long you've had the watch. Maybe the "expected life" gets calculated by how long it should last if it was new and as we know - battery life gets worse over time, but the "expected life" gets shown as if it's new. I don't think calculations can be perfect because there are just too many variables to take into account (even cold weather impacts battery life). Of course, if the device is new and has been wrong since the beginning - that sounds a little sus. But again - a lot has to do with settings, environment, frequency of use. I know that newer models have some optimization based on the patterns how the individual user actually uses the device, but I'm not sure that was present in the Watch 4 already.

0 Likes
Ray42
Voyager
Options
Expected life is based on actual previous usage. When you get a new watch the life doesn't show up for the first few days while the usage pattern is recorded.
0 Likes
MrKalns
Journeyman
Options

And is it always off by +/-10 hours?

Ray42
Voyager
Options
Yes, every time.
0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Everyones usage is different,some use one app more than others, and that app could be a battery hog, not saying that the case everytime but usage affect projected battery life
0 Likes
Ray42
Voyager
Options
As I said in my original post, my usage doesn't vary.
0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Remember it's an estimate,

I was trying to explain why some watches and phones last longer than other
0 Likes
MrKalns
Journeyman
Options

Weird. I wonder if there's an app or service that is off when seeing the original estimate and then turned on later in the day. Or (if you have an LTE version) is there a period when the watch is using mobile data in which case - that might drown the 10 extra hours and wouldn't be in the estimation. There are all wild guesses ofc. Could be the calculation is just not as accurate as it could be- I don't know how it gets calculated

0 Likes