Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is Samsung the only TV maker to not support Dolby Vision?

(Topic created on: 20-03-2022 01:29 AM)
JasonSam
Student
Options

I was interested in the S95B QD-OLED until I saw it lacks Dolby Vision support. What a bizarre decision.

13 REPLIES 13
adrianp81
Journeyman
Options

Not big deal,you still get hdr10+ its the same hdr as dolby vision,cant wait for QD oled,quantum dot layer added on oled display,2 in 1,plus up to 1500 nits of brightness and no screen burn i hope,well done samsung

yourma2000
Student
Options

Except you have to have HDR10+ content to enjoy HDR10+, you can't just play Dolby Vision content using the HDR10+ option as they're not compatible formats.

If Samsung don't want to include Dolby Vision support by default then they should at least give an avenue for their customers to purchase a license through the TV.

If Samsung can get studios to use HDR10+ then great, but that doesn't change the fact that Dolby Vision content still exists and people who purchase their TVs aren't benefiting from it.

Phil75m
First Poster
Options

HDR 10+ is not the same as Dolby Vision plus there hardly any content for HDR 10+.

Dolby Vision is the market leader and miles ahead of the competition.

Peto Pedro
Journeyman
Options

Because they are not stupid and they will not support something and pay what was copied from them and just changed title name and added more saturation to the profile.

There is no benefit or lack Samsung has its own same original HDR which they don't have to pay fake usa licences to themselves... Simple :smiling-face: 

0 Likes
Peto Pedro
Journeyman
Options

There is no even DV content so.. these functions are just simple color and saturation and brightness profile settings.. nothing else 

0 Likes
Peto Pedro
Journeyman
Options

Itis fake b******* and not market leader.. 

0 Likes
yourma2000
Student
Options

@Peto Pedro wrote:

Because they are not stupid and they will not support something and pay what was copied from them

Care to explain Dolby Vision's time travelling ability given that HDR10+ arrived several years after DV?

0 Likes
RoyceCarlin
First Poster
Options

Totally agree.  I would pay for the license.  I cant believe I just bought a new 85" QN90BD and I only realized this when I went to play a DV video.

I've been buying Samsung TV's for 15 years now.  This is the last one.  Extremely disappointed.  Will never recommend to friends and relatives.

Peto Pedro
Journeyman
Options

OK no problem  :DDDDDDDDDD

you been deluded  by forums.. like what you even lost really.. naive person

Btw you purchased wrong model .. you supposed to buy this amazing model... https://youtu.be/XHx8cuODO_c

0 Likes