Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Weekly reboot in Hidden Menu

(Topic created on: 3 weeks ago)
pedroizquierdo
Apprentice
Options

Hey guys.

Recently, I found the hidden menu for all the Samsumg Tv's, and I found in there the Weekly reboot option, which I can turn off so my tv never reboots. Although this reboot was generating some problems, that I already found a way to fix, I wanted to know if turning this option off was safe for the Tv's? I assume if that option is hidden is because maybe is good for the Tv to reboot once in a while when is turned on 24/7 as I need my tv's to be.

Thanks for any comment or help on this.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@pedroizquierdo  personally think it is best to leave the automatic setting, over time the TV can run low on memory.

Whilst various settings can be changed in the secret Menu need to be a bit careful and not to change anything inadvertently (ok if you are familiar with it obviously).

https://factory-reset.com/wiki/Samsung_Service_Menu_Explained 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

View solution in context

13 REPLIES 13
bluez69
Journeyman
Options
With samsung tvs have 3
0 Likes
pedroizquierdo
Apprentice
Options

What I would like is to know what are the cons of disabling the weekly reboot.

0 Likes
pedroizquierdo
Apprentice
Options

Hi @bluez69 Thanks for replying. I didn't understand your message. Can you be more specific on 3 what I have? 

0 Likes
bluez69
Journeyman
Options
👍
0 Likes
Robin999
Black Belt 
Options
Ignore it. Spammer. Has been reported.
0 Likes
Robin999
Black Belt 
Options
I suspect It's akin to the feature we have on our phones and tablets. Helps keep the device running smoothly by freeing up memory etc. I can't see it being a problem but was this feature enabled by default? Please wait until someone else confirms as it may be important to leave as is.
Solution
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@pedroizquierdo  personally think it is best to leave the automatic setting, over time the TV can run low on memory.

Whilst various settings can be changed in the secret Menu need to be a bit careful and not to change anything inadvertently (ok if you are familiar with it obviously).

https://factory-reset.com/wiki/Samsung_Service_Menu_Explained 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

pedroizquierdo
Apprentice
Options

Thanks Robin.

pedroizquierdo
Apprentice
Options

Hi James! thanks dfor your reply. I think the same, but is it possible to find here a response from someone that works in Samsung?

0 Likes