Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wavy Lines on new Frame TV

(Topic created on: 29-03-2024 11:19 AM)
Darren Bolton
First Poster
Options

Hi, Wavy lines have appeared on my TV, almost like a wifi symbol, small at the bottom then getting bigger as it spreads out. 

Photo attached. My TV is fairly new, and already had one malfunction, so can get it fixed, but was hoping it was a simple thing rather than a genuine issue, anyone had this? 

Photo attached. Depending on what's on the screen it's either much stronger on this or the colours negate it. Thanks.

IMG_0801.jpeg

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Gurky
Helping Hand
Options
That's banding, I'd say outside of spec in my opinion. Deeping on the model it can be worse than others, I'm guessing a Q70 or below? Edge lit at the least. One thing that can make it worse is the wall mount if using a Vesa mount that's on too tight.
0 Likes
Darren Bolton
First Poster
Options

It's a 2023 Frame tv 75". 

Is this something to send back to Samsug then? 2nd time with this TV.... such a pain :face-with-tears-of-joy:

0 Likes
Gurky
Helping Hand
Options
Depends on preference, my QN95C does it in some menus but can't be seen in content so doesnt bother me. How often do you watch a white screen like that?
0 Likes
Darren Bolton
First Poster
Options

Yeah. Most of the times it’s fine. But the few times I see it annoys me so much. Only time in content is very light scenes which has movement. 

Only a few months old. Just think if I can replace it and get rid of it why not. But really can’t be bothered with the faff either. 

0 Likes