Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vertical lines, uneven, not full screen,spreading out slowly.

(Topic created on: 16-04-2023 11:02 AM)
foxinthehouse
Explorer
Options
Hi Everyone,  
I have a Samsung UE22D5003 BW XXU television.
About 5 months ago a very small line appeared on the rh quarter of the screen. About 3 inches long, it looked like a hair or a scratch. It has slowly spread getting bigger and bigger to what you can see in the attached picture. It does not go from top to bottom completely, at least not yet. 
I have tried re-seating the ribbon cables with no effect. Jiggled all the connections. (to give it the technical term). 
Can anyone suggest a fix fir this or at least explain what is causing the problem.
Thanks for any help which will be very much appreciated. 

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
AndrewL
Options

@foxinthehouse: Is the issue present on all channels and sources, or in the Picture Test (Menu > Support > Self Diagnosis > Picture Test)? If so then this would suggest that this issue is hardware related, in which case I recommend reaching out to our Support channels by heading to samsung.com > Scroll to the bottom of the screen > Contact us, and an advisor will be able to look into this further for you, and arrange an engineers inspection.

Alternatively, if you're based in the UK, then you can arrange an inspection yourself by following the link below. 

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/repair/

foxinthehouse
Explorer
Options
Many thank Andrew, yes the problem exists on all channels and all inputs, including the picture self test. I will follow your instructions. This tv is a few years old so maybe not worth an expensive repair. Just hoping it is something I can fix myself.
0 Likes