Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uploading my photos to Frame Tv from an iPhone

(Topic created on: 23-01-2024 10:27 AM)
Brian47
Apprentice
Options

Disappointed to learn that I can’t upload photos from my iPhone photo album to be displayed on my Frame Tv.

Apparently, according to Samsung technical support, I must have a Samsung phone in order to upload photos and download them onto gallery on my Frame Tv.

i can upload and see thumbnails of my photos in the Frame Art app on the tv but am unable to display these on my Frame Tv.

I strongly feel that this should be made clear that the use of a Samsung mobile is a requirement to upload and display your own photos on a Frame Tv.

A work round or update to enable use of other phones including iPhones should be available,

7 REPLIES 7
Hudz
Voyager
Options
I do not see anything wrong with that!
0 Likes
Gurky
Helping Hand
Options
Easy work around is use a USB
0 Likes
Patricia19460
First Poster
Options

I was told that I could add my photos to frame tv. No one asked what kind of phone I had. Now that its hanging on my wall, I feel like I’ve been scammed. 

0 Likes
Brian47
Apprentice
Options

Hi Patricia

Download t your photos to a USB stick and upload them onto your Tv from the slot in the one box.

Download SmartThings on your iPhone.

The photos should appear in my album both in the art folders on your phone and Tv.

Not all photos display on the Tv I find but around 50% do!!

I find I can then display and change the photos and mount them in different mounts, colours and alter Thetis display within the SmartThings app on my iPhone.

It took some time and a lot of patience to achieve and it is still far from perfect but if you persevere you should be able to get some photos to display on your Frame Tv.I think it has something to do with the sizing of your photos but I purchased a photo online on a Frame Tv site for 99p and although it displays as a thumbnail in my Art folder it will not display on my Frame Tv.

Communicating with customer services at Samsung by phone is a waste of time. They are difficult to understand and they do understand your problem.

i got better help from Samsung internet services by email.

Good luck 

0 Likes
Artur56
First Poster
Options

Has the problem been resolved yet? Will I be able to upload images and photos from iPhone 14pro to TV Frame from 2023?

0 Likes
Patricia19460
First Poster
Options

I can’t thank you enough for your help! I did it and it worked pretty quickly. 

0 Likes
Brian47
Apprentice
Options

👍👍👍

0 Likes