Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UE55JS8580 - MY NEW COUNTRY IS NOT SHOWN IN THE COUNTRY LIST

(Topic created on: 11-03-2018 06:07 PM)
malcsaunders
First Poster
Options

Hi All,

I have recently moved back to the UK from Switzerland where I have been working for the last few years.

Whilst I was there I purchased a Samsung television (UE55JS8580).

I have been working through the "setup" and have encountered a couple of problems. The first was the terms and conditions were displayed in German. Of course, this was ok whilst I was in the German speaking part of Switzerland but it is not ok now that I am back in the UK. I found a solution to this problem on line and used the solution to change this by entering MUTE + VOLUME UP + CHANNEL UP + MUTE.

In the next section of SetUp, the Country list only displays Austria, Germany and Switzerland. I tried the same solution that fixed the Terms and Conditions language to get a more complete country list but that did not work. I found that someone was recommending FF + 2 + 8 + 9 + Rewind but that didn't work. I also watched a youtube video which recommended resetting the SmartHub but that didn't work either. I am currently on Switzerland in the country list.

I am not sure exactly what impact the "country" has but I notice that there are two satellites in the list when running the SetUp for a FreeSat type of aerial. One is the one I want - Astra 28.2E - and another Astra satellite whose designation I cannot remember right now. I am unable to delete the unwanted satellite from the list. One of the symptoms that I have is that after SetUp has finished setting up the channels and I select OK I get a pop-up window displaying a message saying that the channels are scrambled and that I need a CI+ card. However, if I select the guide I am able to watch the FreeSat channels ok. The other symptom is that the EPG is a little screwed and displays "No Information" for many of the FreeSat channels and on other FreeSat channels it displays a mixture of "No Information" and the correct program information.

Does anyone reading this post know how I might:

1 - Get the Country List to display the UK in the list.

2 - Remove the unwanted satellite from the list of targetted satellites.

Thanks in advance for your help.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@malcsaunderswrote:

Hi All,

I have recently moved back to the UK from Switzerland where I have been working for the last few years.

Whilst I was there I purchased a Samsung television (UE55JS8580).

I have been working through the "setup" and have encountered a couple of problems. The first was the terms and conditions were displayed in German. Of course, this was ok whilst I was in the German speaking part of Switzerland but it is not ok now that I am back in the UK. I found a solution to this problem on line and used the solution to change this by entering MUTE + VOLUME UP + CHANNEL UP + MUTE.

In the next section of SetUp, the Country list only displays Austria, Germany and Switzerland. I tried the same solution that fixed the Terms and Conditions language to get a more complete country list but that did not work. I found that someone was recommending FF + 2 + 8 + 9 + Rewind but that didn't work. I also watched a youtube video which recommended resetting the SmartHub but that didn't work either. I am currently on Switzerland in the country list.

I am not sure exactly what impact the "country" has but I notice that there are two satellites in the list when running the SetUp for a FreeSat type of aerial. One is the one I want - Astra 28.2E - and another Astra satellite whose designation I cannot remember right now. I am unable to delete the unwanted satellite from the list. One of the symptoms that I have is that after SetUp has finished setting up the channels and I select OK I get a pop-up window displaying a message saying that the channels are scrambled and that I need a CI+ card. However, if I select the guide I am able to watch the FreeSat channels ok. The other symptom is that the EPG is a little screwed and displays "No Information" for many of the FreeSat channels and on other FreeSat channels it displays a mixture of "No Information" and the correct program information.

Does anyone reading this post know how I might:

1 - Get the Country List to display the UK in the list.

2 - Remove the unwanted satellite from the list of targetted satellites.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Issue with apps reported previously after changing country   which  seemed to be resolved via country reset, which should hopefully also sort out EPG.  Ensure you also have latest firmware http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/UE55JS8580TXZG     Obviously substitute Uk for US   https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/TV-Audio-Video/MU6100-How-to-change-country-for-apps/m-p/382149      If still issues may need to contact Samsung in Switzerand.  http://www.samsung.com/global/support/globalcontact.html

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

aubrey
First Poster
Options

i just recently spoke to samsung and.. i bought my TV online and did not realise that different countries have different tuners. mine is only showing autria, germany and switzerland. i live in UK... nothing to be done. I havce had the TV 7 years and never used the tuner as i always had a set top box. now mty STB has broken i thought i would use the TV... OOPS!

0 Likes