Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UE49KS8000 guide showing no information available

(Topic created on: 13-01-2021 12:13 PM)
McLean65
Apprentice
Options

Hi - need help with my parents smart TV - a UE49KS8000TXXU. I don't live in the UK normally but am here helping them at the moment. Problem is the GUIDE lists the channels but doesn't show what is on. I would like to (try and) sort this out for them while I am here. From when they bought the TV new until Feb last year this was working fine, but they had their roof fixed and there was scaffolding around the entire house, which blocked the satellite signal. When the scaffolding was removed the TV didn't find the channels and things needed to be set up again. My son-in-law was visiting and reset the TV and checked all settings (Also Norwegian so we were bit unsure about which satellite, settings etc to choose). They use the Freesat choice. He managed to get back the channels, and we created a favourite list for them. Guide not showing programs is still an issue. Tried a few things I found online on a couple of forums, like checking time and time zone etc. Also checked software is up-to-date. Any ideas? Live in SN16 9QH England, if that helps... what should I be checking/changing to get this to work again?

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @McLean65 

Did you manage to get this working again or is the issue still there?

0 Likes
McLean65
Apprentice
Options

no, unfortunately. Guide will show one or two associated channels after I have been on that particular channel, some new channels entered to favourite list seem to be showing fine, while the rest just show no information most of the time

0 Likes
McLean65
Apprentice
Options

After checking a bit, I see it is the channels being sent on ASTRA 28.2E that there isn't any information about in the guide. Channels from ASTRA  19.2 E are showing fine.....

0 Likes