Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

UE43CU7100K - Live TV guide and channel scrolling not working.

(Topic created on: 20-09-2023 10:51 AM)
DevsAd
Journeyman
Options

Hi.

New UE43CU7100K TV.

Tuned in to terrestrial channels with no issues, and they do work - as long as you know the channel number and enter it directly - eg 101 for HD BBC1, 11 for SkyArts etc. And, when any such Terrestrial channel is selected by using its direct number, it confirms it is 'DTV Terrestrial' in the top-right corner of the screen. So, the TV is 'tuned in', and all the Terrestrial channels are there and available - provided you access them by their actual number.

But, if I now press 'Guide', or try and change the channel by using the Channel 'up/down' button, it immediately defaults to the TVPlus option, which begins at '100 - Freeview Info' and which goes up into the 4,000s, but the Terrestrial range of channels - 001 (BBC1) to 231 (BBC News) and above - do not appear.

My main use of the TV will be for a few Terrestrial channels, coupled with iPlayer and the odd Netflix/Prime, so it's important to me that the Freeview channels are instantly accessible under 'Guide'.

I've read a few threads on similar issues, but haven't seen one quite like this.

Help, please 🙂

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
DevsAd
Journeyman
Options

- seemingly resolved by resetting the TV and starting all over again. I currently have Live TV available, complete with 'guide' and scrolling up and down through the channels - phew.

View solution in context

3 REPLIES 3
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @DevsAd Have you tried  pressing the centre of the Channel Up/Down Button on a Smart Remote, that usually brings up Freeview Guide.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

DevsAd
Journeyman
Options

Thanks James.

Alas, that doesn't work. The Channel-up/down doesn't have a centre position that responds like that.

When I select 'Live TV' via the 'Home' button, it first returns a 'service not available' message, before '100' - Freeview appears. But any attempt to move up or down from Channel 100, or to use the Guide, makes it go to Samsung TVPlus, and 'Ketchup', and all the channels available via that service - which I do not want...

I'll try retuning DVB.

Cheers.

0 Likes
Solution
DevsAd
Journeyman
Options

- seemingly resolved by resetting the TV and starting all over again. I currently have Live TV available, complete with 'guide' and scrolling up and down through the channels - phew.