Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tv

(Topic created on: 05-03-2024 10:10 AM)
Louise18
Journeyman
Options

Please help ! 14 month old tv , woke up this morning to it doing this .. as video shows comes on ok then right hand corner goes black cloud and switches off ? 

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Louise18  whilst video still waiting to be approved instinct is this is issue  of black screen with Tv switching off/on (or perhaps does not turn back on by itself).  

Issue can be more severe if standby light is flashing and depending on sert up, see more information here https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/tv-audio-video/my-tv-wont-turn-on/ 

However  can try a soft Reset by holding the power on the Smart Remote for around 5 seconds until the Samsung logo appears. Does this make any difference?  

If not I suggest you power off the Tv and unplug at the wall for 30 seconds before trying again, see if that provides a solution.    If still no joy if issue with external connections have you tried different ports  ,you may need to try different HDMI cables somewhere down the line if there is an issue  with connections.

However if no success would need to get in touch with Samsung Support. https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/contact/ 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Louise18
Journeyman
Options

Thanks James 4578 . None of the above works . If video was approved (not sure why 24 hours later it’s not ?) you can see I get the screen on then 30 secs later a black ink  like  mark comes in the right hand corner and spreads then the tv turns itself off , trying to reset it on the Samsung info we have 30 secs to get through all the points to tick and run out of time before the screen goes black and turns off ( it’s not the whole screen just corner pixels and a black ink type circle comes on and then television switches off , it’s 8wks out of 1 year guarantee so can’t believe it really . Not sure if to ring Samsung to ask if they would look at it at least and let us know what the cost is to fix or hoping they may replace for how old the tv is . Thanks again for comment . Any idea how to get post approved ? Louise 

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

only the Moderators can approve the videos  , if you wish can  contact them via Team Account @Sam_UK    If needed instructions on how to send private Message here https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/samsung-lounge/how-to-send-a-private-message-on-the-samsung-comm... 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Louise18
Journeyman
Options

Thanks . Just seen a few more videos same problem on here and already aware Samsung charge at least £280 and that’s minimum if it doesn’t need a new screen so would rather put that money towards a new one just a different make as it seems on this forum it’s a common problem . Thanks again …

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Whilst thete are some issues a number are satisfied with their Samsung models. Sometimes though repairs are not particularly viable.

0 Likes