Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

TV Volume Keeps Going Down Automatically

(Topic created on: 29-01-2024 04:26 PM)
JPWPhoenix
Student
Options

I have a Samsung UE50MU6120K TV, which was working fine until about an hour ago. Then, when I turned it back on, the volume keeps automatically going all the way down and the red “standby” light on the bottom of the TV keeps flickering (as if it’s receiving a constant signal from the remote). It’ll accept commands from the remote, including me trying to put the volume back up. But, then it just brings it back down again. My 5.1 sound system display I have connected also says “Volume Min”, as if it’s having the volume turned right the way down.

I’ve checked all the batteries in all my device remotes, reset the TV to factory settings, disconnected and reconnected all the cables. Nothing seems to be resolving it.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
JPWPhoenix
Student
Options

I don’t know if it’s the same for you but, I discovered that it was some sort of glitch with my Apple TV 4K remote, like it was constantly sending a “Decrease volume” signal. I’d seen several other people had said it was the same problem and so I reset the remote. This instantly sorted the problem!

View solution in context

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
PadreMaronno
Apprentice
Options

Ok, this is happening here too, exactly as you described it. I thought that I caused this when I added an HomePod to the setup, but the led is constantly blinking even if the HomePod is completely offline. 

It has to be a software issue at this point. 

0 Likes
Solution
JPWPhoenix
Student
Options

I don’t know if it’s the same for you but, I discovered that it was some sort of glitch with my Apple TV 4K remote, like it was constantly sending a “Decrease volume” signal. I’d seen several other people had said it was the same problem and so I reset the remote. This instantly sorted the problem!

0 Likes
PadreMaronno
Apprentice
Options

Ok, thanks for the tip, I’ll see how to reset it and I’ll update the thread tonight!

PadreMaronno
Apprentice
Options

This has fixed the issue on my end too. Thanks a lot for this, it was driving me crazy.