Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tv screen turning half black

(Topic created on: 3 weeks ago)
Georgee10
First Poster
Options

I have had the Samsung A77Q 4k 65'' for around 26 months, and as much as I love Samsung but this is a big problem.
I bought the TV when it was relevantly new and I did not have a problem with it. But after a few months I noticed that at a part of the right became a little brighter then the other parts of the screen.

I thought that it was not a big problem and it was still okey to look at. But after a few more months I turned on the TV and it was getting darker at the left side of the screen. A few days later and now is the screen almost all dark and its almost impossible to see anything.

I went and reported the problem to the store we bought it from and they started saying that it would cost a lot to get checked out.

I do not know what to do because the TV was not cheap and now they are telling me that it will be even more expensive to get checked out by a expert. I will contact my insurance company and see what they tell me and if that doesn't work I will get the TV checked out by someone. I guess I will have to pay even more for something I thought would last me at least 3 years but even that it couldn't do.

As I said before I like the Samsung company and I like your products. But I do not get why the TV screen went out so quick when I had I different Samsung TV for almost 11 years and nothing happened to it but this new one just gave up. I have had your phones for over  10 years now and they all are great, so the tv must have been a faulty one and yes I have tried trouble shooting it and it did not work.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Gurky
Helping Hand
Options
Your issue isn't really with Samsung for the last 10 years 5 year warranty has been standard on premium TVs. It sounds like the retailer just doesn't want to deal with it. With not being damaged insurance probably won't be much use.
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Georgee10: To troubleshoot the issue, please try heading to Home > Settings > General > Intelligent Mode Settings > Intelligent Mode > Off > Adaptive Picture > Off.

Now, head to Settings > Picture > Expert Settings > Local Dimming > Off

I also recommend checking Settings > General > Power and Energy Saving > Brightness Optimisation > Off > Brightness Reduction > Off > Motion Lighting > Off.

Let me know if you notice an improvement.

0 Likes
Handy_guy
First Poster
Options

I recently encountered this same problem myself,  after endless searching, I found several videos of people doing their own troubleshooting and in most cases, the cause is the LED strips that light up the TV's backlight go out. 

1000019985.jpg

 This is a picture of what my TV looks like now.  I've ordered the LED strips ($20) and will replace them next week.  I will post an update.  This is the link for the tv repair: https://youtu.be/q7HOPsCoyBQ?feature=shared

Good luck. 

0 Likes