Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV keeps muting

(Topic created on: 19-03-2022 01:27 PM)
Psf90
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

My Samsung TU7100 (model number: UE43TU7100KXXU) keeps muting and i dont know why. It started when I thought I accidently pressed the mute button but the problem seems bigger. It now keeps on muting mid programme and whenever a new episode starts. Additionally the mute symbol occasionally appears in the corner and flashes. My boyfriend and I have tried to resolve the issue with no luck and it is ruining our viewing experience. I dont know what has happened or how to rectify this. The TV is only about 2 years old. Has anyone else had this issue. Can it be resolved?

Any help appreciated

0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
Try Below

Many Samsung TV models have an internal mute setting. This setting permanently mutes the volume on the TV itself so you can listen to the audio through an external sound system. If the internal mute sets to "On," you will not hear sound through the TV.
0 Likes
TechnoLogical
Voyager
Options
That means that someone connected your tv and on his phone he is controling it that happen to me when my friend connected it and i saw him controlling my tv
0 Likes
Psf90
Apprentice
Options

How do I check this? Also it's intermittent and not all the time.

0 Likes
Psf90
Apprentice
Options

No, I don't believe it is this I'm afraid.

0 Likes
TechnoLogical
Voyager
Options
Well heres a screenshot of controling a tvScreenshot_20220319-140500_SmartThings.jpg
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

if there is no setting to Mute volume   best to check connected Devices setting.   There is an option to receive a prompt every time a device wishes to connect to the Tv, the proviso is of course that at times it may your own device of course.  This is accessed via Settings-External Device Manager-Device Connection Manager.   May be advisable to change wifi password in any case.

otherwise check you have the latest firmware  which is 2200.9 which was just released last month, if you do not have it it can be updated via USB.  https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/UE43TU7100KXXU/  Another idea is  to factory reset your TV.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Psf90
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

It isn't a problem with someone controlling or accessing the TV. I've checked all the settings and they're fine. It is really strange. You can watch a film no problem but if a series is on it will mute midway through or if the episode changes. Iam not sure if it is a netflix thing now?? I do believe it is the TV still though. 

Psf90
Apprentice
Options

Looks like there isn't a resolution. I will have to check warranty and contact Samsung. Out of ideas now. Thanks everyone 

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Is it happening on any on any other apps  or Freeview /other Tv ?  You could try reinstalling Netflix if that has not been done already and disconnect Router for a minute.     out of interest have you tried a Factory Reset?  Anyway obviously can contact Samsung for advice.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes