Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV display turning on, flickering and then sparking almost causing fire

(Topic created on: 05-02-2024 07:49 AM)
J0hn1
First Poster
Options

At 2AM my Samsung UE55KU6470U, despite being on stand by, turned its display on. The display was flickering with a sparking and crackling noise ringing out. 

After leaping out of bed to turn the electrics off, it was noticed that there was an intense smell of burning plastic and some smoke coming from the TV. 

Had the house been vacant at the time there is little doubt this could have caused a serious fire incident. 

5 REPLIES 5
ChrisP88
Options

If you are based in the UK or Ireland then please send a private message to Sam_UK by following the steps in the link below, and myself or one of the other mods will be able to get this escalated for you.  

d94giles
First Poster
Options

Exactly the same has happened to me the day after you have posted this and it’s the same model as yours. Literally at 2AM - we thought our house was on fire it is so dangerous will certainly be raising this issue as it’s not acceptable! 

0 Likes
AaronAJ
Options

@d94giles Please send us a DM to @Sam_UK we take these matters seriously and we will escalate this further

0 Likes
Coacharcher
First Poster
Options

Hey Aaron, what if we live in the US?

0 Likes
SereneH
Options

Please contact our colleagues over the pond, @CoacharcherContact Us | Official Samsung Support US They'll be able to assist you. 

giphy.gif
0 Likes