cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Timeshift & Recording on Samsung CU8500 43" TV

(Topic created on: 28-12-2023 09:08 AM)
Options

Have just bought a Samsung CU8500 43" TV but cannot get the timeshift or recording to work!

I inserted the Hard Drive that worked perfectly on our old (LG) TV and it recognised the hard drive (but didn't allow the old files to play - whch is fair enough as it is a different make). But when I press "pause" on the remote a small alert shows up on the screen saying "not available. Also when I look at & select programmes on the "Guide" there's no option to record the programme which I presume is connected to this same issue?

I have also taken another Hard Drive and reformated it to FAT32 standard but still no luck. 

Details are:

Model: UE43CU8500K

Model Code: UE43CU8500KXXU

Type No. : UE43CU8500

Version No. : 03 / UCU800M / CU8000B-U43CB7

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Options

Hi @JAMES4578 - Thanks for your email. It's much appreciated - but I have now contacted Samsung direct who have confirmed that this model (UE43CU8500KXXU) doesn't have that facility! 

I'm very annoyed that Samsung (& the seller AO.com) have both been so vague & inconclusive on an issue that I consider to be very important when deciding what model of TV to buy. 😡

For anyone else reading this post, Samsung have advised me that the comparable models listed below do have "timeshift" and USB / Hard Drive recording functionality.

Samsung QE43Q60CAUXXU

Samsung UE43AU9000KXXU

View solution in context

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Phil Futureproof  After looking at the manual Recording should be supported, sometimes Time shift needs to be enabled. from the settings via the Remote. General Guide here https://www.samsung.com//support/tv-audio-video/set-up-and-record-programs-on-a-samsung-tv/ 

Samsung recommend a USB hard drive that supports 2.0 or later and 5,400 rpm  or higher.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Solution
Options

Hi @JAMES4578 - Thanks for your email. It's much appreciated - but I have now contacted Samsung direct who have confirmed that this model (UE43CU8500KXXU) doesn't have that facility! 

I'm very annoyed that Samsung (& the seller AO.com) have both been so vague & inconclusive on an issue that I consider to be very important when deciding what model of TV to buy. 😡

For anyone else reading this post, Samsung have advised me that the comparable models listed below do have "timeshift" and USB / Hard Drive recording functionality.

Samsung QE43Q60CAUXXU

Samsung UE43AU9000KXXU

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
That is a pity, thanks for confirming. There was nothing specific on Samsung website but noticed some retailers did say this model had the recording facility. Manuals can cover various models.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.