Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Time shift not available in new tv

(Topic created on: 12-11-2023 07:23 PM)
Harryb
Apprentice
Options

I have a QE49Q67RATXXU smart Tv and the time shift works a treat.

I've just purchased a new UE55CU8500KXXU Tv and unfortunately when I plug in the same HD all I get is a message ‘Not Available’ when I try to use the time shift feature.

There’s nothing wrong with the HD as it works when I plug it back into the older Tv.

Can anyone give me any ideas as to how I can fix this? I’ve held the power button on the remote down to restart the set and also unplugged it for 30 seconds but no joy.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
noisytwit
Pioneer
Options
I just googled the model number and the word tineshift, doesn't look like it supports the feature, says "N/A". Sorry

View solution in context

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
noisytwit
Pioneer
Options
You can't transfer storage devices from one tv to the other, they're encrypted to each device. If you formatted it on the TV it may well work.
0 Likes
Harryb
Apprentice
Options

How do I format it on the TV? I’ve tried every setting option I can find and can’t see one specifically for formatting a HD.

0 Likes
noisytwit
Pioneer
Options
Not sure honestly, on my three if I move a storage device between each other there is a popup asking if I want to format the drive.

If you have a usb3 flash drive you can also use these. Keep the hard drive on the older tv?
0 Likes
Harryb
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

Tried reformatting in FAT and NTFS but no joy.

Thanks for your help anyhow.👍

0 Likes
Solution
noisytwit
Pioneer
Options
I just googled the model number and the word tineshift, doesn't look like it supports the feature, says "N/A". Sorry
0 Likes
Harryb
Apprentice
Options

That’s disappointing but explains everything.

Thank you for taking the time to investigate that for me.

juan-666
Student
Options

Hello.
I bought the model TQ32Q50AEUXXC, has everything, several voice assistants, sound by bluethoot, SmartThings, HDR10+, Multi View, looks great, but .... curiously I can not record, the same thing happens to me, an option "so simple" is not able to do it, it's a shame, if I know before I would not have bought it.
Surely there is some option to activate this function.

0 Likes