Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Philips Hue Sync TV app is not working.

(Topic created on: 3 weeks ago)
Logic
First Poster
Options

Every time I launch the app on my Samsung S90C 2023, it loads forever until it displays the message "Something went wrong".

I have tried:

• Factory reset several times 
  • Coldstart via remote 
  • Coldstart via unplugging the cable 
  • Resetting the smart hub 
  • Reinstalling app
  • Deleting and installing app 
  • Clearing cache/data 
  • Logging in and out of the Samsung account
  • Using a different Samsung account

I was really looking forward to seeing the sync in action; any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards

11 REPLIES 11
Singletrackmark
First Poster
Options

Same issue here. I was looking forward to the monthly subscription option in this update. But it seems to be broken. 

Jonsey812
First Poster
Options
Concur, same problem, just installed Hue strip lights etc around my tv, app fired up yesterday, cannot get past the first screen on the app, times out "something us wrong". They expect us to pay for this level of service!!!
Members_iZ17moo
First Poster
Options

Same here, unpacked my TV yesterday. It seems at first it worked and I should choose a plan monthly/yearly.

Shortly after thst only the running circle and afterwards "something went wrong ". 

Strange and frustrating.

Members_Yisgk43
Student
Options

i have same the problem, messaged Phillips through X (Twitter) still waiting on response. if you all could do the same may get a quicker result

Niclon
Student
Options

Same problem here. I basically just bought Samsung tv this week for integration to hue light strip without sync box. So I can play on PS5 on 120hz. I'm quite mad ngl.

Is there some estimate from Samsung or Philips? 

Is there some estimate 

I'm quite mad 

Dimitri Bessems
Student
Options

Same problem here.

I've contacted both Samsung and Philips, neither could fix the problem. However, Philips ensured me that they are working on the problem. A time estimate could not be given. It's the software update they launched on the 9th of April that is messing things up. I hoped the update from yesterday (16th of April) would change things, but unfortunately it didn't. Let's wait for the next software update I suppose.

Hmalaud
Journeyman
Options

The problem popped up today for me too after working for 3 days, might be because I cleaned the apps connecting to my Hue account today, but still, reinstalling should have asked to login again.

0 Likes
Members_Yisgk43
Student
Options

mines back up and running today, i cleared the cache on the app and also saved data, but now wont let me purchase the monthly subscription. Any other way of paying for it no through the app on the tv. Cheers

0 Likes
Dimitri Bessems
Student
Options

I tried again today and it worked. Also purchased the monthly subscription with no difficulties.