Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Netflix Effect

(Topic created on: 19-08-2019 10:38 PM)
AMS11
First Poster
Options

Hello

I have a Samsung UE49NU7100KXXU and I watch Netflix broadcasts via the app on the television itself.  In recent months though I've noticed when watching some films/programmes that they seem to be broadcast in what appears very similar to the Soap Opera Effect - which I absolutely hate.  Instead of the content looking glossy and 'filmic' (for want of a better word) it looks as if the show is doing a live broadcast of an episode ... everything looks too matt and immediate.  I know I'm not explaining it very well, but I hope someone knows what I'm getting at?

I'm guessing that it's a 'Netflix + TV' thing (when I watch the exact same content through my Macbook Pro it looks 'normal').  It's not all content, it just randomly happens but I'm guessing that it's certain programmes that are broadcast in HDR?  Strangely though, I was watching a 4 part drama in June and the first 3 episodes were 'normal' but when I got around to watching the last episode a couple of weeks later it had gone 'soap opera'-ish ... so frustrating.

When I watch normal television programmes everything is fine as I have turned off that setting so I'm really hoping there's a way that I can do something similar for these annoying Netflix broadcasts.

I have just checked my plan and I am on the Premium Ultra HD plan (though I'm almost certain that when I signed up in January I opted for the Standard HD plan but I could be wrong).

0 Likes
0 REPLIES 0