Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Frame 2022 How to add one's own Cinemagraphs?

(Topic created on: 22-08-2022 11:41 AM)
Poolean
Journeyman
Options

Cinemagraphs are available to buy via the art store, but is there any way to add your own cinemagraphs by loading them into the Gallery or My Album on the Frame 2022?

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi @Poolean ,

You're not limited to the works of art in the Samsung Collection. You can add your own pictures to it. If there is an option to add cinemagraphs there you will find it by following these steps:

1. Connect a USB drive containing these to the One Connect Box.

2. While The Frame is in Art Mode, press Select on your OneRemote. Use the directional pad on the OneRemote to move to My Collection, and then move to and select the connected storage device.

3. Use the directional pad on the OneRemote to browse through the pictures. To import images, move to and select Save at the top of the screen.

4. Highlight and select Save Selected to import the selected images.

Note: Do not remove the USB drive while the images are saved to The Frame.
To view the image you just imported, navigate to My Collection > My Photos.

0 Likes
Poolean
Journeyman
Options

Of course I know how to upload images.  My question concerned cinemagraphs which are a type of H.264 video file.  These are accepted by the Frame 2022 through the Art store, but this file format seems not be recognised by the TV when uploaded via USB.

0 Likes
fuernj
First Poster
Options

I too would also like to know how to add my own cinemagraph files.

You also mentioned that you found cinemagraph files available for purchase via the art store but I couldn't find any other than the complementary ones. Where did you find them? Unless I'm missing something, I don't see a search function in the Art Store. Thanks!

0 Likes
Poolean
Journeyman
Options

You are quite right, the only ones I can load are the complementary ones, I had not found any for purchase. So I still do not have a solution to this.  There must be a hidden file type that is used by the TV but it is not shown to the user, which is not acceptable.

0 Likes
Poolean
Journeyman
Options

TO Samsung Moderator/support:

Please let me know if Cinematographs are available to buy in the Art Store.  Alternatively, supply contact details for artists that produce these?

Closer2Fine
First Poster
Options

I see no one still has replied to this message. I do love the cinemagraphs. I would love to purchase additional ones as there are such few complimentary ones. I have no idea where to purchase them or even if they can be added. Any help will be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you! 

0 Likes
mintchap
Student
Options

Samsung does a huge disservice to the photographer, videographer and creative community with their Samsung "the frame" tvs. I have 6 of them and don't get me wrong, I love them. Unfortunately Samsung has limited the creative community in numerous ways. Can't upload your own cinemagraphs. Photo rotation time for your own photos are 3 minutes and 15 minutes, with no interim interval (should have just been a box where you can type your own interval). Art mode doesn't stay in Art Mode and randomly switches to other feeds, making the entire Art mode of little value. Matte options are limited. Color options for matte even worse (should have been able to just easily enter your color). Do they just have techs working on this product, with no creatives involved in the software design? The options are so limiting it makes the frames of inconsequential value, when those beautiful matte frames could have truly been a huge hit with the creative community. We'll hope for far improved software in the future but it hasn't happened for years so don't expect it. I still love mine despite the huge limitations and annoyance of having to constantly re-enter Art mode. These could have been so, so much better though. A shame.

S115
First Poster
Options

I agree with all of the above. Without a drastic improvement, I'll be moving on as I tire of the frame. My F8000 made unfulfilled promises, and now this disappointing thing. Will not just avoid another frame, will leave Samsung behind also.

0 Likes