Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Device is Connected:

(Topic created on: 15-01-2024 06:55 AM)
Hjm68
Apprentice
Options

I have renamed my network, I have changed my WiFi password, I have even used a wired connection to my tv and went wireless. 
I have reset my tv (three times) - not doing that again 

I have even unplugged my Ethernet cord from the tv after changing my network password and name, reset the tv and I still get the same annoying message:

The Device is Connected:  Snoo

What aren’t you telling us, Samsung? 
I have seen other similar posts on your comm board and not one has a solution. 
what aren’t you telling us????

IMG_0886.jpeg

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Hjm68
Apprentice
Options

Please reply with how we can go into the menu of the tv to find this connected device and stop it from connecting. I’ve already tried via Settings -> External Device Manager -> Device Connect Manager -> Device List

That doesn’t appear. 

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Hjm68: This is certainly a strange one. At this stage, please confirm the model number of your TV, located on the sticker on the back of the device, or in Settings > Support > About This TV, and I will look into this further for you. 

0 Likes
Hjm68
Apprentice
Options

I already called Samsung and so far he issue has been solved as I allowed a tech I remote control into my set. 

Thank you replying to my message. 

0 Likes
Hjm68
Apprentice
Options

Model Number: QN55Q7DAAFXZA

Tell me what you come up with.
There should be a way to see that it really is connected and to stop it from doing so. 

0 Likes
Hjm68
Apprentice
Options

As I figured. You guys ask for the model number and ——- silence. 
Amateur service as expected. 
Anyway, I did my own troubleshooting and determined what makes the ‘Device Connected”’ message appear. 
It’s the REMOTE CONTROL.  Now, it didn’t do this when I first got the tv. It started much later - about a year later. 

I can turn on the tv via Smart Things (my cell phone) and navigate the Home panel via my smart phone. 
however, as soon as I use the remote, that blue framed message appears - saying the Device name is:  Snoo. 

Clever spying I must say.  
so, I know what must take place now to resolve this issue. 

Attached is the picture of the remote:

IMG_0931.jpeg

0 Likes