Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Software version 1420.0

(Topic created on: a month ago)
NL9
Explorer
Options

TV UE55RU8000UXXU worked fine for 2 years. It auto updated to software version 1420.0 and I now can’t open apps, if I mute the TV I have to reboot the TV to get audio back.

all apps apart from YouTube won’t open, I have tried factory resets it fails everytime. I have rebooted the TV, network router, nothing fixed it.

I own other Samsung TV they all fine, I have no internet problems at home just the TV had become unusable since update 1420.0.

I phoned Richer Sounds as I purchased TV from them, they said Samsung are aware, but how long do I have to be without a TV I can’t use??? 

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
NL9
Explorer
Options

Got my TV back on Tuesday after been taken away for repairs. The main board was replaced and now it seems to be working fine again.

I would recommend to anyone who’s purchasing a TV, try and get a long warranty.

View solution in context

0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16
NL9
Explorer
Options

Troubleshooting so far.

1. checked for updates - no new update available.

2. Reset smart hub, worked for about 10 mins then all apps apart from YouTube stopped opening again.

3. Reset wireless network - worked again for about 10mins apps then stopped working again.

4. Tried factory reset, this just failed to work 3 times in a row.

5. turned it off at wall over night, power cable out, in the morning apps still not open.

6. rebooted my router. Made no difference.

7. Connect my TV to my mobile network, to try different ISP, same apps didn’t load.

8. tried to reinstall firmware via USB, but TV says latest version and stops trying.

All this happened after update  1420.0 which updated on my TV few days ago.

0 Likes
NL9
Explorer
Options

Also tried to delete all apps and reinstall and not an option because they are default apps such as Netflix, also tried the reinstall app option, all fail while trying.

Also the remote now keeps disconnecting, brand new batteries, and even tried new batteries.

and I have cleared CPU and RAM options, same, all apps still either try and open then close, or just won’t open.

0 Likes
lance78
Voyager
Options
I have the ru7100kxxu updated other day to same version I wish samsung would give us the option to delete pre install apps as my TV is 98 percent I don't use any of the apps at all and don't want them sorry can't help with issue you are having
0 Likes
NL9
Explorer
Options

Cheers for the reply, I just wish I could roll it back. We not been able to use the lounge as a family last few days. We only use apps you see. Can’t even game on it at the min, as the audio cuts out if I mute it, requires reboot to get audio back, and the remote flashes connecting randomly.

like I said just wish I could roll it back, or hope Samsung release an update in next day or so.

lance78
Voyager
Options
I agree samsung should do the option for a roll back on all products especially phones
NL9
Explorer
Options

It would save them a lot of hassle, and for us also. 

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@NL9  You have obviously tried a lot of Troubleshooting to no effect,  need to await a fix.  Unfortunately software cannot be  reverted, sometimes if there are major issues  Moderators provide interim software. 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

NL9
Explorer
Options

Cheers 

NL9
Explorer
Options

Still no resolution from Samsung. I reported it on Friday, got no reply so crested this account hoping this would get a response from Samsung.

This is day 5 I can’t use any apps on my TV following the update.

0 Likes