Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Software version 1420.0

(Topic created on: a month ago)
NL9
Explorer
Options

TV UE55RU8000UXXU worked fine for 2 years. It auto updated to software version 1420.0 and I now can’t open apps, if I mute the TV I have to reboot the TV to get audio back.

all apps apart from YouTube won’t open, I have tried factory resets it fails everytime. I have rebooted the TV, network router, nothing fixed it.

I own other Samsung TV they all fine, I have no internet problems at home just the TV had become unusable since update 1420.0.

I phoned Richer Sounds as I purchased TV from them, they said Samsung are aware, but how long do I have to be without a TV I can’t use??? 

0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16
NL9
Explorer
Options

Resorted to plugging in an old NowTV box so I can get access to my apps again. Back to blurry 720p resolution on my 4K TV, also can’t use the volume on the TV, which has again stopped responding.

hoping there is a resolution soon. 

0 Likes
NL9
Explorer
Options

Day 6 still can’t use my TV.

0 Likes
Beta22
Voyager
Options
Sorry to hear about your issues. Have you tried calling the dedicated Samsung TV Support Team?

You can reach them by dialling 0333 000 0333. They may be able to perform a reset via Remote Management and help restore usage until a new update is released to fix the issue.

I believe lines are open from Monday to Friday, 8 am to 8 pm. On the weekends its from 9 am until 6 pm.

In any case, best wishes and hope you have a working TV again soon.
NL9
Explorer
Options

Thanks for replying, yes I contacted them on the first day. I also contacted richer sounds as I purchased it from them. They have managed to get more information from Samsung who have acknowledged the update has affected the entire range of TV’s and needs an update.

I called Samsung myself yesterday for an update, they told me something completely different saying it needs to be escalated to their third line support, I asked for an email detailing the update. And received an update saying the name of a third party TV repair firm in the UK, I called them up for an update, they had no record of my TV, and said I could raise it with them, but would have to pay for that. The TV is still within warranty and it’s a software problem. So I’m stuck I think it’s day 7 now with a TV that you can’t turn the volume up or down or use any apps apart from YouTube. We only use apps in my household so it’s a TV we can’t use. 

0 Likes
NL9
Explorer
Options

Day 8 of still no TV

Samsung are now saying it’s not a software fault, worth noting they have still not performed any diagnosis of my TV.

they have subbed out support to a third party, who contacted me today, they are coming out on the 9th to pick up the TV that will be day 12 of no TV and they advised me it will take up to seven days to diagnose and fix. So up to day 17 of no TV.

I used Samsung TV for years now, I had the odd glitch but no reason to call support. I will be honest I’m not impressed with the support.

0 Likes
Solution
NL9
Explorer
Options

Got my TV back on Tuesday after been taken away for repairs. The main board was replaced and now it seems to be working fine again.

I would recommend to anyone who’s purchasing a TV, try and get a long warranty.

Xekiel
Explorer
Options

They replaced the main board but do you still have the 1420 fw?

0 Likes