Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart tv failure poor customer service

(Topic created on: 21-03-2023 10:04 AM)
Mark1111
Student
Options

Good day all , well how disappointing my Samsung journey has been . I bought a smart tv in may 2021 for just over £800 , nice picture until last week it wouldn’t turn on and the standby light blinked . I know 1 year warranty but I expect a tv to last more than 18 months for that money so contacted Samsung went through all the possible fixes and then told nothing else they can do as outside warranty and offered a poultry 15% off another Samsung tv ? Really so spend another 6-800 pound and wait for it to break down again , I spoke with their recommended service centre and told the screen had failed £420 to fix it which is ridiculous and means the tv would have cost £1200 pounds over 2 years , clearly poor quality on Samsungs part and dreadful customer service and no where to actually make a proper compliant 

thanks Samsung 

6 REPLIES 6
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Mark1111  Appreciate this has  been frustrating  and would expect the Tv to last longer  but sometimes happens with a variety of companies.  Longer warranties are sometimes available  via Samsung or retailers such as Richer Sounds and John Lewis.  Need to consider whether repair would be worthwhile.

outside of warranties consumer rights can last up to 6 years but after six months the onus is more on the consumer to prove that there was a known fault at the time of purchase.    Claims need to be made with the retailer rather than the manufacturer.

Some information here https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/consumer-rights-act 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Mark1111
Student
Options

Thanks for your reply J , and yes it could happen to any tv however it’s 18 mo the old and not cheap , I have an old Phillips tv that’s over 15 years old and works a treat. I just feel Samsung could have been a little more helpful and at least contributed to the repair or offer another unit at a discounted price rather than the offer of  15% off new tv direct from them 

Thanks 

mark

AaronPhones
Pioneer
Options
Thats very sad, you can contact Samsung online by going to:

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/chat-members/
Ema Gombos
First Poster
Options

Hi Mark, I am in the same boat. I payed for a TV 1300£ only that just after one year the tv has a display issue, Samsung has organise a replacement of the dilly which the technician said it was like getting brand new tv only that a year later I have the same issue and Samsung is just washing their hands. They sold me a faulty trace that in 2 years keep having the same issue and they don’t do nothing about it, and to think you buy premium quality when you get Samsung. Very sad that I company like this is treating costumer this way knowing that their product is faulty. 

0 Likes
san1234
First Poster
Options
We brought samsung TV from amazon gave us email address does not work all colour not picture it ran out 11/1/24 disgusting it's been in it box since January
0 Likes
san1234
First Poster
Options
Is there anything you can do sick off being ripped off tv are not *****
0 Likes