Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Smart hub causes TV to restart - 2013 Smart TV models (UExxFxxxx)

(Topic created on: 24-01-2022 06:51 PM)
Morphinos
Apprentice
Options

Every time I start smart hub about 30 seconds later it reboots my TV. Can’t get into Netflix or iPlayer or anything. Tried full reset of TV and still the same, do I need a new TV?

UE42F5500 model

153 REPLIES 153
Vicki41
First Poster
Options

My Samsung smart TV has started crashing & restarting every time I access it.

The Internet connection is stable & good, the software is up to date and it has been retuned.

It started a few months ago with 4od & itv crashing mid program, usually around the adverts, then spread to other apps not loading & now it is the whole smarthub.

I've seen other threads with Samsung acknowledging there are issues with these apps back in October but they dont seem to be doing anything about it... 

lubos3
First Poster
Options

have the same issue on my UE55F8000 persist from morning today have anybody some fix or workaround how to fix it?

kvakac
Student
Options

same here, started today

Fraxinus901
First Poster
Options

UE40F8000

Exactly the same problem here. Tried factory reset or only wifi and/or Ethernet. Noticed it this evening, worked fine last night. Same issue with iPlayer / Netflix / Amazon.

Looking at model numbers posted so far seems to be a issue with 2014-6 generation tellies. Let hope they fix and don’t say our televisions are no longer supported. 

0 Likes
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
This page maybe helpful

Reset the Smart Hub on a Samsung TV

https://www.samsung.com/au/support/tv-audio-video/reset-smart-hub/
0 Likes
AtsuiIndeed
Student
Options

I have similar issue tonight. Whenever I accessed smarthub, it crashed the TV and the TV just rebooted. If I was lucky, I could get as far as into the the Apps Store bit but then it would crash. I reset my TV twice now. I normally used it to watch YouTube but I have to take out my old Chromecast and use it from now on until the Smarthub is fixed, assuming the problem is caused by a bad version of Smarthub. Note that whenever after my TV was switched on and I accessed Smarthub, then it would say the Smarthub was being updated, hence I am assuming it gets updated all the time, right?

bolemeus
Student
Options

I've got thesame issue. Seems the servers are broken down or something

0 Likes
Shambles
First Poster
Options

Sadly, you may be right. There's not been any updates for mine for a few years, so may well be unsupported now. 😞

0 Likes
bolemeus
Student
Options

Lots of people seem to be experiencing this issue. I guess some samsung dev crashed the servers. 😞

hitechlv
Student
Options

Same with me guys. 42” F5500

That is servers for sure, as there is nothing else can cause same problem at many TV’s at once. For how long you guys already have this problem? Yesterday, around 22 hours ago everything was working on my TV