Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Smart hub causes TV to restart - 2013 Smart TV models (UExxFxxxx)

(Topic created on: 24-01-2022 06:32 PM)
Morphinos
Apprentice
Options

Every time I start smart hub about 30 seconds later it reboots my TV. Can’t get into Netflix or iPlayer or anything. Tried full reset of TV and still the same, do I need a new TV?

UE42F5500 model

153 REPLIES 153
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
Use the 'Get Help' tab in the Members app and start a text chat/call with customer service. Hopefully, your issue can be solved! 😁
0 Likes
Plmn
First Poster
Options

Same here. I reset both the smart hub and the entire tv. No luck. It all started with hbo go support having been discontinued about a week ago. Now smart hub reboots the tv. 

Morphinos
Apprentice
Options

Ah sounds like we need an update, Isn’t there a way to update from USB? A newer or older version than the auto check?

0 Likes
Segge
First Poster
Options

Same here! UE75F6300
Tried factory reset, smart hub reset, erase history, sign out, hard reset, nothing works.
Found USB Firmware but was the same as I already have installed so didn´t work.

Netflix works if I use the Netflix button, so I start Netflix without going throu smart hub. Apparently  it´s something wrong with smart hub and not the apps.

Kriedi
Apprentice
Options

Same problem here – Smart Hub crashes after 30 seconds. Resetting Smart Hub and factory settings has no effect. The model is UE40F6510. I noticed the problem for the first time earlier today.

Interestingly, if I disable the TV's internet connection (turn off wifi and unplug ethernet) Smart Hub does not restart the TV. Obviously you can't watch anything, but it doesn't crash.

I disabled auto-update for the apps in the Smart Hub settings, thinking this might be the problem. Unfortunately as soon as I reconnect the ethernet cable Smart Hub restarts the TV after a few seconds. 

Apparently Smart Hub is trying to connect to something online, fails for whatever reason, then restarts the TV. 

Shambles
First Poster
Options

UE32F5300

Exactly the same problem started in the last 24 hours.

0 Likes
Rp227
First Poster
Options

Same issue here-seems like a lot of different attempts have been made to resolve without success. Is there a way to escalate to engineers to get resolution? 

Morphinos
Apprentice
Options

Sounds like a smart hub server issue, after connecting its sending back some data that causes a reset. Should hopefully be fixed at Samsung end without us needing to do anything, just need to raise it and make them aware.

0 Likes
Sasacro
First Poster
Options

Identical problem here for few hours now. Samsung UE46F8000