Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen Problems..UE55JU6800 TV

(Topic created on: 31-03-2018 10:49 AM)
Riza
Journeyman
Options

I have a UE55JU6800 TV which is just 2 years old.   The problem started a few days ago.   The screen at the bottom would be a lot darker when the TV was switched on but after a couple of minutes would sort itself out and was fine.  However, now, the screen is staying dark at the bottom all the time and doesn't clear.   We can still see the picture through it but it is very irritating.   This is my second Samsung TV, the first one developed similar problems. I have run the self diagnositics... no joy. I rang the call centre.. who ran through the same diagnositcs (when I could understand the person)... then passed me on to a service centre. They took the details of the the TV and the problem and, as it was not under warranty, said it would cost £500 to repair as the screen had gone. Looking on the net, there seem to be a number of similar problems... SAMSUNG should sort this out... I have put up my old Panasonic... great picture, outlasted TWO Samsungs... there is a message here I believe!!!!Picture Problems.jpg 

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@Rizawrote:

I have a UE55JU6800 TV which is just 2 years old.   The problem started a few days ago.   The screen at the bottom would be a lot darker when the TV was switched on but after a couple of minutes would sort itself out and was fine.  However, now, the screen is staying dark at the bottom all the time and doesn't clear.   We can still see the picture through it but it is very irritating.   This is my second Samsung TV, the first one developed similar problems. I have run the self diagnositics... no joy. I rang the call centre.. who ran through the same diagnositcs (when I could understand the person)... then passed me on to a service centre. They took the details of the the TV and the problem and, as it was not under warranty, said it would cost £500 to repair as the screen had gone. Looking on the net, there seem to be a number of similar problems... SAMSUNG should sort this out... I have put up my old Panasonic... great picture, outlasted TWO Samsungs... there is a message here I believe!!!!Picture Problems.jpg 

Under the Oct 2015 European Consumer regs the product should last reasonable amount of time. Its worth a read just look for the regs under google. If you can show this a known fault it may help. It may be worth pointing out to Samsung support the regs and inform them that it is not unreasonable for you to expect the TV to last longer than 2 years. Also ring Citizens Advice as  they are excellent on things like this.

Paul

0 Likes
Riza
Journeyman
Options

Thanks Paul...

0 Likes