Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen overheating and almost melting bottom of TV FIRE HAZARD

(Topic created on: 02-02-2020 07:27 PM)
barosanurexx
First Poster
Options

I own a Samsung LED TV UE65KU6680U, The screen on the TV got so hot on the bottom and have some white spots,There was no warning from the TV of it over heating, when you tuch it you cant hold for long time your hand there,definitely a FIRE HAZARD.

I will need some help123.jpg

0 Likes
35 REPLIES 35
CarlH
Options

Hi @barosanurexx. Have you had an engineer inspect your TV? This link will direct you to the closest Service Centre in your area. 

0 Likes
BenVB1
First Poster
Options

Same problem here with UE50F6400
Black spot appeared a couple of days ago in lower left corner, expands slowly along lower edge, and extremely hot to touch. Also vertical coloured bars over the whole screen. Slightly melted the plastic, so unplugged it and searched for solution, which led me to the US community forum.

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/4k-8k-and-Other-TVs/Screen-overheating-and-melting-corner-of-TV-...

Hundreds of complaints about the same problem.
Surprised this fire risk has not been part of a recall. 
Does anybody have any advice on this?

0 Likes
SaudA
Troubleshooter
Options
Hi @BenVB1, we take such cases very seriously. Would you be able to send us a message with more details about this from this age here: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/1716597 so we can pass this to the relevant department?
0 Likes
BenVB1
First Poster
Options

Well, did all you asked but, almost 2 months later, and have heard nothing further. Tried to contact you for an update by email but got bounced back due to full inbox. That many problems eh?

Judging by replies in the US forums, at least Samsung was responsive over there. Perhaps Samsung UK doesn't take it THAT seriously?

I really would like an update to this...

0 Likes
SaudA
Troubleshooter
Options

Hi Ben, I've sent you a PM. Could you please reply to it with the details request? I'll look in to the account for you. 

Mikeyd7877
First Poster
Options

Hi. I have this exact same problem. The lower left hand corner of my 4 year old UE49KU6670 Curved TV is exactly the same and very hot to touch. Im very concerned as i payed a lot of money for this tele and now have a 8 month old baby that sits infront of it whilst playing. Did you get any resolution to this problem?

Regards.

0 Likes
barosanurexx
First Poster
Options

Hy Mike,I solve the problem.They come and pick up the tv,I stay 2 weeks with no tv and they told me after 2 weeks they can't fix it because is to old ,they can't replace the part and they give me a voucher 900 pounds...I put some difference and I buy a new one but not samsung))

0 Likes
BenVB1
First Poster
Options

Nope. They kept promising to look into it but, after many months and emails back & forth, I just gave it up as a bad job. Seems they're not too bothered about their reputation.

0 Likes
mikeyd07
First Poster
Options
I've been in contact with Samsung today so we'll see what happens next. Thanks for your comments.
0 Likes