Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung warranty issues

(Topic created on: 2 weeks ago)
calt91
Journeyman
Options
UPDATE 
so far samsung have actually been quite reasonable and given me a voucher for a missed delivery and told me that I should expect an email telling me I'm signed up as they believe I am eligible.
UPDATE 

I am a long time samsung user and I think 4 phones 2 tvs over maybe the last 4 years as an example. 1st time buying direct from Samsung and it will be my last they have altered and cut advertised warranties from 5 to 1 years mid promotion.

They have denied this but using screenshots and wayback i clearly have proof of the advertised warranty and ts and cs through my struggle i have used google and this forum and im just saddened to see this isnt a unique case they are doing this left rght and centre and removing warrantys for arbitary reasons such as used a code despite the fact there shop heavily markets them and not identifying this may mean you are not covered by a 5 year warranty which they acknowledge. 

In looking into this i have discovered they appear to be being investigated by the advertising watchdog why this seems to be a UK only issue is beyond me but i have really struggled with the customer service on the uk side.

I hope this is resolved quickly as i intend to return within my 14 day cooling off period of this is not upheld as it was sold to me. I do worry that it sadly will not be resolved as again i have experienced prehaps the worst customer service I've ever had.
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
AaronAJ
Options

@calt91 Who have you spoken to within Samsung about this?

0 Likes
calt91
Journeyman
Options
I have called up several times and on a few occasions been hung upon. I have probably had well over 10 text chats with the website app and I have a case number from technical support and I currently have direct messaged a mod in here
0 Likes
AaronAJ
Options

Which moderator have you been speaking to? I can see you have commented on another post and SocietyGirl advised to send a PM, is this correct? 

calt91
Journeyman
Options
Yes I have just engaged with her today and she has said she will get back to me Monday! 🤞
AaronAJ
Options

Awesome! They will get to the bottom of this for you! 

Gurky
Helping Hand
Options
The warranty was never "cut short" it always had an end date of the 30th March 2024. And All pages said T&Cs apply when referring to the warranty. The reason pages still showed was so shoppers had made a purchase were able to make their claim. The T&Cs has always been very clear as I have shared on a number of posts. Plus they didn't cut to 1 year, technically if you want it was always 1 year it was a promotional 5 year started maybe 3 years ago. The Samsung warranty page if you Google makes this very clear.

I don't imagine they will give you it seen as though you didn't follow the advertised T&Cs
0 Likes
calt91
Journeyman
Options
Appreciate the reply but I'm not sure I follow, samsung have re instated the promo period for the from end of march throughout 24/25 fy year but excluded their own website. Customer service and technical teams have told me this is a mistake and will be rectified, true or not time will tell.

What ts and cs didn't I follow?

Picture this as I bought a 65s90c from Samsung.com at the same time a friend bought the 77s95d at half price using codes from Samsung.com and they have been granted the extend warranty, I am on a forum where someone pointed me to this bank holiday promo lots of people lots of reading of ts and cs screenshots wayback used etc. The problem isn't the date of 23/24 ending its that the new promo said Samsung was included at the day of purchase, it changed before my set was delivered.

As I say appreciate the reply but so far samsung have actually been quite reasonable and given me a voucher for a missed delivery and told me that I should expect an email telling me I'm signed up as they believe I am eligible.
0 Likes