Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung UE22H5600AK Smart TV Browser Update

(Topic created on: 26-11-2023 12:33 AM)
Jamesie1
Journeyman
Options

Hi Support,

How do I update the web browser on a UE22H5600AK Smart TV?

When I try to access a website it will not load.

When I load youtube.com it says the browser is out of date.  I have updated the software on the TV but the browser stilll will not load any websites.

Can Samsung help woith this?

I am based in Ireland.

Thank You,

Patrick (Jamesie1)

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12
Lord_Shiva
Voyager
Options
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Jamesie1  is the Browser set to Auto update, go to Apps-Settings-Internet and see if update Available, you might have option to Reinstall? Do you have the  2910 software which was released March 2023, if not can be uploaded to USB as shown here https://www.samsung.com/ie/support/model/UE22H5600AKXXU/  You could unplug for around a minute and/or try  a Factory Reset.

However even if in  modern Tv's there is likely to be an issue with video sites on the  Samsung Browser. Flash player no longer supported and limitation on HTML5 videos. https://www.lifewire.com/samsung-smart-tv-web-browser   Customers are encouraged to use video Apps.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Jamesie1
Journeyman
Options

Hi James4578,

Thank you for your reply. .

I did a web software update yesterday and restarted the TV as instructed but the browser still will not load any web pages.

I assume the USB update you referred to in the online link you sent in your reply is the same as the internet update?

I am surprised the internet update does not address this issue.

I will see if there are any suggestions posted.

Thanks again for getting back to me on this.

Jamesie1

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Would need to check the  software number but likely would be the same.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Jamesie1
Journeyman
Options

I checked the he number that is installed on the TV now James. It is version 2900. When I try to update it, a message says that the most up to date version of the software is already installed. Maybe Samsung have not released version 2910 as an web update yet. I will wait until it appears as a web update on the TV. I feel uncomfortable updating using a USB key because something might go wrong. I have the auto update option on the TV set to on. I also have created an account on the samsung smart hub. It logs me in to the account as soon as I turn on the TV.

Thanks,

Jamrsie1

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Fair enough but many have found it fine updating via USB.

0 Likes
Jamesie1
Journeyman
Options

I will wait a few weeks at least James and see if it appears as a web update.

Thanks, Patrick

Jamesie1
Journeyman
Options

I updated the TV with software version 2910 via USB but it did not solve the problem. It looks like a browser update was not included in this software update. The browser needs to be updated to solve this problem.

Patrick

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
A pity, if you go to Apps-Settings-Internet are you not able to update(though may be on Auto Setting) or reinstall? Could try a Smart Hub or Factory Reset though it may not provide a solution.

0 Likes