Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung TV not seeing Sky Q when tv is powered on

(Topic created on: 13-03-2024 11:49 AM)
Verwood_Hornet
Journeyman
Options

Hi guys 

Got this problem (as we all do ) First power on in the morning of my Samsung TV, it automatically powers on my Sky Q box then i get a message on the screen saying something like "turn on"

The greeen light is on the Sky box, the only way to resolve this is to power down Sky Q then it comes back to life,

I have disabled the HDMI control in the Sky Q settings but this makes no difference ( it still turns on when turning the tv on.

Using all good quality HDMI cables but in the meantime am swapping out 

Is there anywhere in the Samsung settings that i can disable this feature 

or has anybody else had this problem or shine some light on it 

many thanks 

Iain 

Connections as folllows

eARC Soundbar  HDMI1 Sky Q HDMI2 Xbox

TV Samsung QE55S90

Soundbar Q990C

7 REPLIES 7
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

I have had the same issues for 2 years, but I noticed the bedroom TV and LG had the same issue, in the end, I concluded that SkyQ was to blame and needed an unplugged power cycle to get it back to my TV.

Same as you I assumed a setting or eARC, but none of that made a difference.

It is random, I suspect when SkyQ has an overnight update.

Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
Verwood_Hornet
Journeyman
Options

It just seems like there is a handshake issue between tv and sky when the tv is powered on.

If i could just stop the option of the box powering up when the tv is turned on am sure this would ressolve the issue !!!!

0 Likes
Gurky
Helping Hand
Options
It's a Sky issue sadly been for 10+ years. Happens with Sky + LG, sky + Samsung and sky + Sony but some how and I have no idea how, sky have decided that its a TV problem and not them.
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
🤣
Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Yes an ongoing issue, though not just Samsung models affected.   There was information I think a few years ago  that there is an compatibility problem with  Skyq and the One Connect Box ,whilst they do work ok together the tuning of the distribution of the One Connect Box (q part of it) needs resetting at times.   Sky software engineers do not seem to have found a real permanent solution and the onus been put back on the Tv side.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Verwood_Hornet
Journeyman
Options
Problem is ( I think) correct me if I am wrong , if I do this to my settings on the TV the sound bar won't come on automatically 🤔
Yes I could turn it on via the remote
0 Likes
Ginga_p
Troubleshooter
Options
Best of two evils guess not sure if it will work for for u give it go might annoy u too much
G G
0 Likes