Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Special Edition keeps popping up randomly on QLED 55 tv

(Topic created on: 14-03-2022 11:58 AM)
gvw121
First Poster
Options

hi, it's my first post on the forums and I have an issue with my Samsung Q led 55 inch TV.

At present when I watch Sky on the Samsung TV it randomly switches source to "Special Edition" which is a blank screen with a music play diagram in the top right.  

This is becoming frustrating and very random as I can't watch something on sky without going on to Samsung "Special Edition"

Please can someone advise how to fix this?

Thanks

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
Try Below

Go into the SETUP menu then scroll down to LOCATION. Using the left or right arrow keys change STORE to HOME and the pop ups should no longer appear on the screen
0 Likes
gvw121
First Poster
Options

I can't find location.  

I have selected home button symbol on silver samsung remote then settings but can't seem to progress any further than that.

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @gvw121  Try Settings-System Manager- Usage Mode.  Ensure Home Mode is selected.  I have a few  other suggestions if that does not work. Firstly can you check your firmware is up to date. Do not know your exact model but can check on samsung support and if not available over the air can update via USB  if you are not on latest version. https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/ 

However if that does not sort it  on Tv source (not the  sky one), inputMuteVol DownCh DownMute on the Smart Remote.

Alternatively on a standard remote input Mute729Exit.   This should stop the source randomly  switching. see more here https://www.samsung.com/Troubleshooting  otherwise  you check the AnyNet + Setting (HDMI-CEC)  If not selected turn it on and vice versa.   This is accessed via Settings-General External Device Manager.

If all this happens to be to no to avail I would suggest disconnecting sky Box, factory reset and then connect again.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes