cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S95B QDOLED Tizen OS BLOAT

(Topic created on: 30-10-2022 10:02 PM)
Options

Hello

So I recently decided to purchase a new TV and switch to Samsung from LG. Initial impression - the TV panel is impressive but NEW Tizen OS - OMG it's simply terrible. I have never seen so much bloat on any TV OS. Now I want to edit a few things as I'm simply unable to. First thing first. I DO NOT watch live TV. I don't care about live TV at all. Yet I'm unable to delete/remove any pre-installed live TV apps. As anyone knows TV license people in UK do not care if someone does or does not watch live TV on their telly, but as soon as they see this horrible BBC Iplayer app I will be forced to purchase a TV license which I refuse to do!!!! On LG TV it was a simple delete app. On Samsung delete is greyed out as it is a preinstalled app.  The same applies to other useless apps.  2nd scroll down the top "things" list just goes on forever!!! Is it possible to disable New and Trading, Top Movies, Top Series, Again popular on Iplayer that I simply don't care about!!!, CBeebies and so on and so on from the media hub. It goes on indefinitely. To check my top series I want to be able to choose which streaming service I can see on the home screen. I'm really getting angry about the whole OS experience. I'm getting frustrated to the point I'm nearly ready to return this TV and go back to LG!!!. Google TV and LG web os is sooooo much better in this regard.  Can someone give me some advice on how I can amend the whole media hub so it displays only what I want/need to see and how I can delete those useless pre-installed apps, if I need them in the future I can simply download them from the store.

Andrew

2 REPLIES 2
AsadM
Options

Hi @AndrewBienkowski, preinstalled apps and services can't be removed from the TV as they're built in as part of the interface on the TV. You can speak with the Samsung Support Team for more information on this. They can be contacted via phone on 0333 000 0333.

0 Likes
Members_GlZZz77
First Poster
Options

I couldn't agree more.

It upsets me so much that I just switched the TV on and my brand new S95B becomes unresponsive for like 10 or 20 seconds because it's loading a lot of ***** I don't care about. Sometimes apps won't even open and I have to force a restart it. What a way of starting to watch TV!

I'm regretting my purchase and looking for a way of returning it

0 Likes