Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

SAMSUNG QE75Q80T - dead after entering service mode

(Topic created on: 26-01-2024 07:26 PM)
samsun _user
Explorer
Options

Hi,
SAMSUNG QLED QE75Q80TAT - after entering the service mode (info-menu-mute-power), the service menu was displayed for a moment and then the screen became black. The only thing I can do now is turn it on - the QLED inscription appears for 2 seconds and the screen is black. No response to the remote control, turning off the power for a minute does not change anything. Is there any way to factory reset without access to the normal TV menu? Alternatively, how to upload the firmware "cleanly" without access to the menu? Now in ses-usb-installer.log is [01-01 01:00:07/1060] SES path not found, exit...
Regards

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
samsun _user
Explorer
Options

🙂 Problem solved.

Disconnecting the power supply even for an hour did not help, but disconnecting the power supply overnight (8 hours) did. After connecting power, the TV then turned on in reset condition.
Thx @JAMES4578 for all the advice
Regards

View solution in context

7 REPLIES 7
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @samsun _user  Are you sure you have not pressed something inadvertently?   The operating system is written to chips at the factory and soldered to the motherboard. changed settings  are overridden, therefore if you write the wrong parameters  to the operating system a critical error will occur.

If though positive this is not the case turn off the TV for at least  5 minutes and see if  this makes any difference.  You could try a flash reset which does not require the TV Menu. Under the Samsung logo on the TV you have a small black button about 2-3cm in from the bottom edge. With the tv turned on
1. press the button at the logo for 5-10 seconds
2. Release the button
3. press the power  button on the TV Remote for 5-10 seconds. Tv goes black and then restarts after a while. This is  called the flash reset .

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

samsun _user
Explorer
Options

Hi @JAMES4578, thank you very much for the information. I followed the steps you wrote about. Unfortunately, the screen is black and there is no response to the remote control (I have two). The only visible difference is the display time of the QLED inscription - it was 2 seconds, now it is 4 seconds.
Regards

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

ok thanks for confirming, ensure connections secure and could also try disconnecting external devices and unplugging for 30 seconds. Some advice here too based on whether or not not standby light is on . https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/tv-audio-video/my-tv-wont-turn-on/ 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
samsun _user
Explorer
Options

All external devices have been disconnected (HDMI, USB, antennas, optical audio, etc.) with no effect. The only reaction to the remote control is if the Power button held down for longer than 5 seconds (restarts the TV with a black screen). It's a pity that the only (perhaps)option left is an authorized service center... And even then it is not known whether the repair will be profitable.
The informations from the website my-tv-wont-turn-on are trivial and adds nothing.
Regards

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Just thought I would check if all tried. Yes it is unfortunate.

0 Likes
Solution
samsun _user
Explorer
Options

🙂 Problem solved.

Disconnecting the power supply even for an hour did not help, but disconnecting the power supply overnight (8 hours) did. After connecting power, the TV then turned on in reset condition.
Thx @JAMES4578 for all the advice
Regards

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
No problem, glad it is sorted now anyway.

0 Likes