Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Q70T Software update 2503

(Topic created on: 4 weeks ago)
Espee
First Poster
Options

Anyone know what is included in the update? 

2 REPLIES 2
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Espee  Do not have this information yet, will update when chasngelog is available. They are listed in this thread https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/tv/tv-firmware-changelogs-on-german-community/ 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
theVitus
Journeyman
Options

Also looking forward to official release notes or our friend James'.

In the meantime I can inform that my tu8000 suddenly decided to do the update - it hadn't done auto updates since 2500 - but, it did 2503 today.

Upon cursory investigation the biggest, and most important change is that HDR seems to have "gone" - sometimes... <sigh/shrug>

In some programs Netflix header says it is with HDR, but the HDR mini-icon on TV setting does NOT appear. Whilst in other Netflix programs, also with HDR in header the HDR mini-icon does! appear.

Regardless of appearing or not though the TV dark-image does seem to have improved.

When streaming, where we all know the image is usually so dark you really can't watch anything with pleasure.

The 10s of 1000s of reports on this all pointed to HDR as the culprit.

With 2503 and the "change/sometimes there" of HDR, my - initial and subjective - opinion is that it HELPED! But, it seems random, without control... Not a big fan of that.

Dark images in Netflix streaming now has more detail, but, it is still a far cry from good!

I have reset all picture settings and will start playing around with them in a few days to see if further improvements can be found.

In the meantime, please support this case, to ensure the pressure on SAMSUNG continue so we eventually get value for the money we paid for what should be the worlds best TVs.

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/tv/smart-tv-hdr-dark-unwatchable-quot-letter-to-the-ceo-quot-cal...

0 Likes