Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Q60C TV unable to switch between terrestrial and satellite inputs without re-auto-tuning

(Topic created on: 2 weeks ago)
ci77
Apprentice
Options

Hi, we have a Samsung Q60C and we recently got a new Satellite dish connected, but there seems to be no way to switch between the Terrestrial and Satellite inputs without going through auto-tuning and choosing a single input. This takes a long time and seems to also lose all customisations made before, so is completely impractical to switch back and forth between terrestrial and satellite tv.

Found a similar post which mentions using the CH LIST button on the remote, but my remote doesn't have a button like that.

Doesn't seem very smart for a smart TV, old TVs used to be able to do this.

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
Robin999
Black Belt 
Options
I'm not familiar with any Samsung TV, but this seems like such a basic operation. Is there nothing at all on the remote control that switches between inputs? Or maybe in the TVs menu.

Does this link help

https://www.samsung.com/in/support/tv-audio-video/which-button-shall-i-press-after-connecting-an-inp...
0 Likes
ci77
Apprentice
Options

Yes, there is a way to switch between inputs, with the remote and using the fancy UI, just like the link shows that you posted, BUT there is only a single TV input and that is *either* TV Terrestrial *or* TV Satellite, depending on which input you selected the last time you tuned in the "TV" input. You can't seem to switch the *internal* source of the TV from terrestrial to satellite without re-auto-tuning all channels.

It looks like my best bet is to forget about the internal Satellite tuner, get a separate box and plug it into one of the HDMI inputs. Such a waste, especially considering the built-in sat tuner was one of the major plus points when we selected this TV.

0 Likes
Robin999
Black Belt 
Options
Ahhhh, you mean switching between 'internal' tuners due to there being only one external port on the back of the TV. My apologies

I take it you're referring to this thread

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/tv/shortcuts-on-remote-to-change-satellite-tv-to-terrestrial-tv/...

Yes, it's looking like a separate TV box connected via HDMI is needed.
0 Likes
ci77
Apprentice
Options

No, there are actually 2 ports on the back of the TV, one for terrestrial and one for satellite input, I have them both connected at the same time. It just looks like we can't tune both of them at the same time, which makes this completely unusable. The linked thread seems to have a similar issue, where a lot of button clicks are needed to switch between terrestrial and satellite, but it's not quite the same as I can't switch at all without re-tuning. (the mentioned CH LIST button doesn't exist on my remote).

0 Likes
ci77
Apprentice
Options

I am completely baffled how this design was thought to be a good idea by anyone.

0 Likes
Robin999
Black Belt 
Options
That's even more bonkers then. So two ports, presumably two tuners but no method of switching between them. Madness.
0 Likes
Robin999
Black Belt 
Options
I found this. Don't know if it'll work with your remote.1714680313449_1714680313440_0.jpg
0 Likes
ci77
Apprentice
Options

Found this before also, and no it doesn't work. Holding down the channel changing button just scrolls through channels very quickly. I have resigned myself to the fact that what I want is just not possible as crazy as it sounds. Thanks you very much for your efforts.