Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S95C Optical Out Problem

(Topic created on: 17-11-2023 11:16 AM)
CanB
First Poster
Options

Hello,

I've purchased a 77S95C tv and connected to a Yamaha AS-301 amplifier using an optical cable, sound output is set as Optical. The tv has optical format options listed as Auto and PCM. I tried Auto and it works just fine and also PCM option works as well but when I restrart the tv (normal shutdown and turn on cycle) tv makes low hissing noise and no sound is emmited, to fix this I change PCM to Auto and back to PCM(no restart operation applied) then my amplifier starts to emit sound through my external speakers. I've used PCM with my 55NU8000 tv with no problem. Does anyone have the same or similar problem? Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
mtmartos
First Poster
Options

I've just purchased a 55S95C tv and I also have problems with optical toslink connection. In my case I have connected the toslink output to a Musical Fidelity X-DAC V3 (it is a stereo DAC). The sound can be heard through the X-DAC, but it glitches alot, makes noises, etc., both in PCM and Auto modes. If the problem persists, I will have to return the TV to the store. Any advices?

Note: Previously I had my Pansonic TV connected through the optical toslink to the same X-DAC V3, without any sound problems.

Thanks

0 Likes
BradR
First Poster
Options

I am experiencing the same issue. My 77S95C TV optical signal on my Yamaha TSR5790 bounces in and out, (Formt:PCM, Channel: 2/0/--, Sampling 48K). It works on my other cable modems and Samsung Tv's. I've also tried different optical cables with no success.

0 Likes
Lex1970
Pioneer
Options
What are peoples opinion of the S95C my LG C9 has just blown a capacitor so I'm torn between either a Samsung 55 inch S95C or an LG 55inch G3
0 Likes