Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S95C and SkyQ Menu

(Topic created on: 2 weeks ago)
RyanOfford
Journeyman
Options
I bought a new S95C which arrived yesterday.

As a TV it is brilliant (although needs calibration).

What confounds me is using it with Sky Q.

Sky Q is not uncommon but runs from it's own menu. There is no obvious way to get to this through the remote control without reverting to the horrible Sky Q remote. The Guide button or press the middle part of channel up/down does nothing (but works on other inputs)

However, I discovered how to do this with the smaller Samsung remote. The cog/123 button when pressed allows you to scroll down and you find the menu as per the attached image. OK, not obvious but I can work with it.

Now, if I use the larger remote, there is zero way of getting to this menu. I've checked with Samsung and that's been confirmed. It works with one of the remotes but not the other. There is no equivalent button on the remote with ALL of the buttons. We can turn the TV off/on and get it back but that's not great.

Why two remotes ? Well, I have a constant battle with one of my teenage kids so it's easiest to let her have one (the larger remote). I now get moaned at about the 2 remotes thing (definitely a first world problem I admit)

This all seems amazingly stupid. Have I missed something ?

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
RyanOfford
Journeyman
Options
Image of menu20240514_202506_1000025030_1715789409.jpg
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@RyanOfford  Not  ideal but the Skyq Menus  are not available from the standard Remote (the larger one) which is the traditional one.   The compact one is the Smart Remote which has the essential keys and some special functions .  Samsung provide both on applicable models, information received from other customers suggests  the cog /123 button seems  is the only method for accessing the sky Menus on newer models.  previously were able to select by selecting the sky icon and Home.I am assuming the Universal Remote has been set up as described here https://www.samsung.com/Universal Remote 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes