Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S90c repaired, still not right.

(Topic created on: 08-03-2024 01:01 PM)
aidyC
First Poster
Options

Just before January of this year I purchased a s90c oled samsung tv.

At first I fell in love with this tv and the picture quality (Never mind the terrible tizen os).

After a few months I noticed bad screen banding when the brightness was turned down.

After having a replacement panel installed by Craigavon tv repair I thought my problems were sorted.

After using the tv for a few hours, two noticable bands on the left and right hand side of the tv, mainly visible when displaying solidly colours.

After reporting the new problem the technician comes back to my house. I question him on his moving of the tv by himself (against Samsung guidance these TVs are prone to bend). He then loses his temper grabs the top of the tv at the right hand corner and shakes it to prove his point that he's trained to move these tvs Alone unaided.

As if that already wasn't bad enough he then pretends to take a picture of the fault I'm showing him and leaves my home without a word and will not respond to me.

Now I'm getting the runaround from samsung, unacceptable for a £1300 tv.

A quick internet search shows I'm far from the only person to have problems with this model of tv, is social media shaming or something the only way I'm going to see any progress? Ideally I just want a replacement tv now as I have zero confidence in their repair process.

If anyone on here has been through something similar any advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

I think I may have to go to trading standards.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
SocietyGirl
Community Manager
Options

What did Samsung say? You can DM me if you like, I'll look into what's happening.

Will need order number and your details :smiling-face:

Say hi to us on socials -  @SamsungUK

0 Likes
Lex1970
Pioneer
Options
I was considering the S90C too but the 55 inch panel still uses the first generation panel and QD OLED is still in its infancy, in the end I went for an LG 55 C3 and is perfect for me
0 Likes
Evanzian
Journeyman
Options

I have a 55 inch S92C (essentially the same as S90C),  and it’s got a gen 2 panel. From what I’ve heard on the forums, most of the S90C’s of all sizes in production now have the gen 2 panel. 

0 Likes
KaranMalhotra
Navigator
Options

Hello There, i have just ordered a S95C 65 inch today from samsung, do you know if this comes with a gen 2 panel? 

I wanted the s90C 65, but i am not sure if that comes with  a gen 2 panel. Would be thankful if you could clarify.

Many thanks.

0 Likes
Evanzian
Journeyman
Options

All the reviews and information on forums that I’ve seen say that all S95C’s have a gen 2 panel. I have a 55 inch S92C (S90C variant) and it has a gen 2 panel, I think most do now, though it’s not guaranteed.

0 Likes