Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QLED tv

(Topic created on: 26-07-2023 09:30 AM)
Maiden1979
First Poster
Options

I’ve noticed a few thin black horizontal lines on my QLED tv. It’s just over 2 years old, has anyone had the same problem and any resolution.

many thanks

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Maiden1979  Can you check that your connections are secure as sometimes can be an issue.   However if a picture test fails that suggests a problem with the display or graphics issue and may well need a repair. Go to  Settings-Support-Device care-Self Diagnosis-Picture Test and follow the instructions.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Maiden1979
First Poster
Options

Hi JAMES4578, I’ve ran the picture test and the lines are visible on the test. Looks like a repair, but I’ve done research and found it to be a common fault, not what you’d expect with a tv 2 years old

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Realise it is frustrating ,a number  Samsung Tv's last a lot longer though. You would need to get in touch with Samsung Support for options.

Under the consumer  Rights Act 2015  protection lasts up to 6 years, after 6 months however the onus is more  on the consumer  to prove that there was a known fault at the time of purchase.  Any redress is with the retailer and not the manufacturer.  Some information here https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/consumer-rights-act-  

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes