Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QE50Q65A 2021 black screen creep, freeze and rebooting

(Topic created on: 27-02-2024 11:50 AM)
Steviegc
Apprentice
Options

Hi, bought this QE50Q65A in ‘22 direct from Samsung, sadly only a one year warranty. The tv has been working fine and hasn’t moved since the install. Watching tv and suddenly a black patch appeared in the top right spreading outward, then freeze then reboot and into a repeating cycle. I’ve checked out connections and operated it without any cables (other than power) and still the same. I have had the back off to check for anything loose but it all looks tidy. Any of you out there had the same issue and got it resolved? I’ve attached pics to show the sequence from switching on, it’s only a matter of seconds from getting the Home Screen to the black creep. Thanks in advance. 112233445566

0 Likes
18 REPLIES 18
AndrewL
Options

@Steviegc: Is the issue present on all channels and sources? If so, please try powering off the TV, unplug it at the wall for 30 seconds, then plug it back in and power back on using the remote. If the problem persists, and if you are based in the UK, then an engineers inspection is recommended in order to get to the root of the issue, and restore the TV to its factory specifications. To arrange an inspection, please follow the link below, click on TV and Audio Visual, and follow the on-screen prompts. 

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/repair/

0 Likes
Steviegc
Apprentice
Options

Hi Andrew. Thanks, this happens with or without any media input. The pics show the tv being booted up with no input devices and no aerial connected. The reason I put it out to the community is to find if anyone else had this issue and whether it got resolved. I did book it in with out of warranty repair via Samsung and got a call from their appointed engineer. Bottom line was a minimum cost of £285 for call out, diagnosis, parts and labour if it’s a simple fix but considerably more if it needs a screen. 

0 Likes
lukejg
First Poster
Options
Mine has just done exactly the same thing today....
0 Likes
Members_xkuIGEt
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue except now it doesn't even load it just keeps power cycling. did you manage to resolve or find any solution?

0 Likes
Sired
Apprentice
Options
Looks like this is a common issue with samsung TVs cos I had the same issue since Jan and I haven't been able to fix it because of the cost
0 Likes
Louise18
Journeyman
Options

Mines just done exactly the same 8 wks out of warranty.  Expect a tv to last longer than 14 months . Have attached a video but it’s not been approved frOm yesterday  . Was going to try and get a quote but looks like minimum price is over £250   .. no more Samsung’s for us I’m afraid . 

0 Likes
Steviegc
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for that info, it seems to be a widespread issue. I doubt whether it’s enough for Samsung to take notice but if enough people report the same issue it would get harder to ignore. I have bought another to, the same but the most recent model with the a 5 year warranty which was a deal breaker. Samsung however are having difficulty recognising the serial number and the place of purchase, Samsung.com…

0 Likes
Steviegc
Apprentice
Options

Thanks, another one. 

0 Likes
Steviegc
Apprentice
Options

Certainly looks like a common issue and interesting that no one has gone for a repair as the costs are so high with no guarantee that other things won’t go wrong.  

0 Likes