Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QE50Q60TAUXXH Boot Loop

(Topic created on: 18-03-2024 12:43 PM)
Members_kCYPCxd
Apprentice
Options

Last night as  I was watching a movie in Prime Video, suddenly I saw some artifacts and the TV restarted, leading to a non stop boot loop.

1) It would turn off, and start booting up, displaying the QLED logo as normally

1) Booting up1) Booting up

2) It would play some DVB-T for 3-4 seconds

2) Playing some channel normally with sound2) Playing some channel normally with sound

3) It would freeze with some artifacts and off colors in a small part of the image

3) Freeze with these artifacts3) Freeze with these artifacts

4) Then power off again

4) Reboot4) Reboot

5) and start booting again

5) Start all over5) Start all over

Note that the bluish color is due to the way my phone picked up the image and not a blue color of the tv display the logo.

I took the power cord for 5-10 minutes, plugged it back in and nothing changed. Then I removed the plug for the whole night.

An hour ago, I turned the tv on, and started the boot loop again. I left the room and returned after 10 minutes or so and now the TV is working fine. 

Does anyone has any idea of why this happened? Is there something that I can do right now to prevent this from happening in the future again? I'm afraid it will happen sooner or later. I have already the latest firmware installed. I was thinking of try resetting to factory and then performing an update again if possible. 

It's too bad, I have this TV for only 3 years now!

6 REPLIES 6
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Members_kCYPCxd   Looks like Samsung Tv is working ok now but monitior it.  Ensure you have the latest firmware which is 2501.1  (wouyld just say 2501 on TV)  as oudated firmware can cause issues. https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/QE50Q60TAUXXU/ 

Whilst not the only reason freezing on Prime can be due to insufficient Bandwidth and Rebootung the Router fixes some issues. However obviously there werwe extended problems.  in situations also check that are cables are secure, general advice is to switch off Tv at mains for 30 seconds but sometimes longer time periods are required.

However in the event of continuous issues it is best to contact Samsung Support as repairs may be required.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Members_BV4CbC7
First Poster
Options

Interest in solution. Same issue few minutes ago.

Members_kCYPCxd
Apprentice
Options

@JAMES4578  It has nothing to do with bandwidth problems or Prime for that matter.  The TV was constantly restarting independent of the source that had been selected. 

Yesterday, after writing this topic, the TV was on for hours, but still restarted 2-3 times. I'm afraid sooner or later the problem will come back

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Thanks for the further explaination, realise Bandwidth/Prime not the issue in your case.    Do you manage to check earlier if you had the latest Firmware.  Think you are likely to need assistance from support in this case.  https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/contact/ 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Members_kCYPCxd
Apprentice
Options

And suddenly the TV does the same thing again, only this time it does not play any seconds. The Qled logo also does not appear. Just restart after restart...

And I only have the tv for 3,5 years. Absolutely unreliable

0 Likes
Members_Z7V2lSy
First Poster
Options

Hi, have you had any luck with your TV? I've got the same model and had the exact same thing happen to me as well. Had the TV for around the same amount of time as well.

0 Likes