Did you mean: 

Picture too dark

(Topic created on: 3 weeks ago)
Carlos991
Student
Options
  • 70" Samsung UE70TU7020KXX
    IMG_6487.jpeg

Requesting some help and advice please.  Just bought the above TV and am shocked at the quality of the picture when movies are dark/night scenes.  The TV on the wall is the new and the one on the floor is my 8 year old HD Samsung. 
    I noticed watching a movie last night  that night scenes are just not visible on the new screen. Peoples faces can’t be made out, people running through trees etc I can’t see the trees or people compared to watching the same scene on my old TV. Movie I was watching the The Retreat on Amazon. 
  • The picture above was taken from Endgame. I tried Using a 4k  Apple TV and the inbuilt App. The dark picture is same when using either. Colours just don’t show well when dark and images will appear black.  
    I’ve changed all available settings, picture modes etc but nothing makes the picture any better.   
    is this a fault or just the way this TV is?  
    I have another 4k screen and projector and both show a great picture when viewing same scenes. 
  • the last picture shows the issue the best when I’m not able to see the spaceship. 
    IMG_6495.jpeg

IMG_6491.jpeg

IMG_6501.jpeg

2 REPLIES 2
Gurky
Helping Hand
Options
Hmm definitely not right, I'd get it swapped out, but I'd also suggest for a bright room and using a apple TV you get literally anything isn't a black Friday special model.

But at the crystal end especially 7000 it won't be much bright if at all of your old TV its something like only 300 nits even in HDR so you won't get any brightness or colour pop.
0 Likes
Carlos991
Student
Options

IMG_6640.jpeg

IMG_6649.jpeg

Thank you…… the TV has been returned.  Samsung did various trouble shooting steps with me. The only thing that helped was raising the shadow contrast setting to maximum but this just washed out the colour.  Here’s another example of what the tv struggles with when watching a 4k movie.  The bright picture was taken from another 4k screen I have and you can clearly see the horse and performer in the back ground whereas on the new screen it’s too dark to clearly see this… plus Hugh’s face is much darker.