Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Paramount Plus

(Topic created on: 12-08-2022 01:47 PM)
Merv75
Student
Options

So now we can get Paramount Plus, don't bank on it.

I have a 5 year old full HD TV, I joined Paramount Plus then went to set it up on the telly but the app is not listed and there is no way to download it onto the telly so I've had to cancell the Paramount subscription.

Trying to get a real person to give assistence is impossible, they will not take an email query  and the "Chat Assistant" 

puts up ridiculous replys that are nothing to do with the question. Now it may be that Paramount Plus has started and no one is set up ready for supplying it but I suspect it is just poor tech help.

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Merv75  The Paramount Plus should be available on Samsung Tv models from 2017 onwards.  If you  do have a 2017 model check that you have the latest update on the Samsung support site, if not firmware can be downloaded to USB and updated that way.  Whilst do not think I will be subscribing at present I have a 2017 set  and upon checking the app is available to install for me.  I inputted Paramount on the search bar and the app appeared.

Further information including alternative viewing methods here https://www.cordbusters.co.uk/paramount-plus-uk-everything-to-know/     https://help.paramountplus.com/s/article/PD-Does-Paramount-support-streaming-on-my-Samsung-TV 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Merv75
Student
Options

My Television is UE49KU6100

Is there any way to get a list of acctual Model Numbers supported, I mean they say after 2017 so is that really 1st January 2018 onward, and I suppose there is no allowance for stock in a shop that does not sell the day it is added to the stock list meaning it could sit in the shop/warehouse for weeks. I have checked for updats to the software and it says it is up to date, I looked at the app's and Paramount Plus is not listed and I see no may to add an app to this list. We have watched Yellowstone 1st two series on 5 Action then to see series 3 & 4 you have to swop over to Paramount Plus which is a bit unfair I think, The same with Halo, one episode on 5 Action then over to Paramount. Very annoying from a viewer's point of view. I am also finding at 75 these things are getting more complicated to achieve even though I'm not a Tecnophobe.

AntS
Options

Hi @Merv75 , Speaking from personal experience, you can be a few years younger than 75 and still feel these kinds of things are getting more complicated to achieve. 😄

We don't carry a list of model numbers that support the app at our end, so the Paramount+ folks are the best people to know to exactly what's supported at any given time. But I can confirm that your UE49KU6100 model would be a 2016 range one. It's from our friends over in the US, but this is a fairly good decoder of the Samsung TV model numbers: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00087664/ Short version is that anything M (2017) range onwards should support Paramount+.

Solution
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Merv75  unfortunately you have a 2016 model  which from the information provided   means Paramount Plus is not supported, even if you possibly purchased it in 2017. what counts is when the model was released .You can look at alternative viewing methods on the link I posted if that is of any interest.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Oceania22
Student
Options

Hello, i can see the app, have enough memory left (300.25mb) the app is 10.02mb yet it wont install. Any ideas?

0 Likes
PaulM1
Options

Hi, @Oceania22. That's strange. What error message (if any) do you get when trying to download the Paramount+ app? If you don't get an error message, what exactly happens when you attempt to download the app?

Oceania22
Student
Options

Hello, Thank you! No error messages it just doesn’t install  but  after I posted, I did try 5 times and then it downloaded. Very peculiar. 

0 Likes
PaulM1
Options

Oh, I'm glad you've managed to get the app downloaded now. Technology can be quirky, eh?! Thanks for keeping us updated and... happy viewing!

0 Likes