Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One Connect Box or TV Fault?

(Topic created on: 15-10-2020 07:52 AM)
AndyF62
Apprentice
Options

Found this forum yesterday, so much great help to many TV owners, hope I can get some too. I have a 3 year old QE497QF, there is sound but no picture, other than vertical pinkish-purple lines, spaced apart on screen. I used to switch the tv on and off again to restore the picture but this no longer works. I've checked the delicate lead from the box to the tv and all seems well with that. When I remove the lead from the box with the TV on I am getting the connection error animation on screen, would this indicate that the screen is OK and the problem lies with the box? Sorry if it seems a daft question. The TV was bought from Currys with the Team Knowhow 5 year guarantee, would the box be covered by this? Heard Currys are a bugger to deal with over these things. Many thanks for any help.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @AndyF62 

Did you manage to contact the retailer regarding this?

0 Likes
AndyF62
Apprentice
Options

Hi Chris, 

I contacted Currys Teamknowhow via their website a few days ago, they have replied today suggesting to give them a call, which I'll do on Monday. Been checking the issue out and it looks like there's a good chance of it being the rather delicate lead causing the problem, hopefully this will be covered by the 5 year guarantee and they'll arrange a replacement from Samsung, fingers crossed.

0 Likes
AndyF62
Apprentice
Options

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the reply. Things not really resolved, Currys tell me to contact Samsung and Samsung say that Currys need to sort it. Going to assume the lead is faulty before proceeding with any One Connect Box repair, not available on Samsung's official spares website. Asked Samsung Livechat for the part number to look elsewhere and they give me the part number for the mains cable! Seen a few on Ebay but uncertain if they are compatible, not cheap either at around £100 and more. Beginning to wish I'd bought an LG - at the moment I've a TV I paid £1200 for which just needs a cable to get it sorted.  

0 Likes