Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2021 TVs/QE55QN95 Freesat Guide Synopsis Not Updating - firmware 2210

(Topic created on: 2 weeks ago)
Rwaggers
Apprentice
Options

My QE55QN95AATXXU has recently updated its firmware to 2210.

I now find that the Freesat Guide won't update the program synopsis at the top of the page.

If I re-tune to 'Satellite' (rather than 'Freesat', the guide works fine.  It seems to be the Freesat guide that has the problem.

I've tried re-tuning and I have also factory reset the TV with no success.

Is anyone else having this problem and, if so, is there a workaround?

0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15
Spudz
First Poster
Options

I'm having the same issue on 2 Samsung TVs since the end of March.

The EPG will populate fine but when I scroll through it, the program synopsis at the top stays on the first channel that the guide displays.

Has anybody figured out a fix for this yet?

0 Likes
MrRolli
Journeyman
Options

Samsung Frame 43 2021 firmware 2210.1 The FREESAT EPG is showing the program guide but the information about the selected show does not display. Other than the first show selected. From then on the dynamic information about each channel does not update. I’ve re-tuned several times to no avail, and this problem has only started from the implementation of the above firmware. I spoke to Samsung who said this was a FREESAT issue, which seems unlikely as the information can be selected by using the info button but it should be dynamic. My extended family also have a Samsung TV, a different model running later firmware that doesn’t have the same issue. Anyone got any ideas?

0 Likes
HoraceD
Student
Options

I have the same issue and can't find any solution. I've got a QE50Q60A also on version 2210. TV has had a factory reset, but that hasn't fixed it. My old Samsung is still working fine when connected to the same satellite connection. Must be some kind of incompatability between v 2210 and Freesat.

Does anyone from Samsung read these forums and can advise how to raise the issue?

0 Likes
AntS
Options

Hi @MrRolli  and @HoraceD ,

An odd one! Can you share the full software version info your TVs are on?  Home > Settings > Support > About This TV. (If you're sharing a pic of that screen, make sure to blank out the serial number.)

AntS
Options

I've merged two threads as they appear to be about the same thing.

@Rwaggers  and @Spudz , Same question to you guys as MrRolli and HoraceD about the full software version your TVs are on.

Rwaggers
Apprentice
Options

Hi AntS

My software version is: T-NKM2DEUC-2210.1,BT-S

Model: QE55QN95AATXXU

Rwaggers
Apprentice
Options

I suspect it isn't a Freesat problem.  Our LG TV (also running Freesat) works perfectly.

0 Likes
AntS
Options

Cheers guys! I've raised it internally at the Samsung end.