Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New QLED display issues or damage

(Topic created on: 11-08-2023 12:04 AM)
QledIssues
Apprentice
Options

Hi all, this is a new 85" Qled tv. Can anyone tell me if this screen is accidentally damaged as Samsung claim, or faulty as I believe?

no sign of damage on tv, no parcel damage. It still has protective covering on it, but Samsung are refusing to help.

I've sent them the pictures and they have said " the validation team have determined it as accidental damaged". I have no idea how they can determine that from the picture without inspection.

Occasionally when you turn it on it's fine but that's gone from every 1 in 10 to hardly ever. I've tried a few options for removing lines, and stopped short of one guy saying to run it warm cloth at medium pressure..... as that seemed like it could cause more damage than good!

IMG_2932.jpeg

when reported, Samsung said I was 3 days past their cutoff of reporting a faulty on delivery.... so this just feels like a scripted fobbed off comment from a  support team told to answer this way to any issue.

Really disappointed with Samsungs handling and the service and incredibly poor English from the overseas call centre.

really has put me off buying any more Samsung products ever!

thanks

10 REPLIES 10
QledIssues
Apprentice
Options

I'd be pretty sure that they would track the serials numbers.

0 Likes
Members_21FJdd9
First Poster
Options

I have the 50 inch QLED  with similar issues. Tv turns on but there’s no picture. I sent it to a repair shop and the technician said he’s been getting lots of the same issue. I think the screens are faulty. 
I’ve had mine for only a year. I’m never buying another Samsung tv again 

0 Likes
Andriy Tokar
First Poster
Options

1000007865.jpg

 Having exactly same issue with my 85"tv.

QledIssues
Apprentice
Options

I got nowhere with Samsung. Had to pay £1500 to get it repaired. 

jasto
Journeyman
Options

Oh my God. I have a similar problem with a TV for my son. They looked at the picture and said its accidental damage. I was with my son when we turned off the TV left the house for 2 hours came home and the bottom left of the screen has a weird shape on it. The TV wasn't even out of the box a few weeks. I am currently in a dispute with Samsung over this 

QledIssues
Apprentice
Options

I would not be optimistic of Samsung being helpful.
They just follow the script and how can you prove it?  The onus should be on them proving that you have done it, not the other way round. 

jasto
Journeyman
Options

yeah they are the most unhelpful support line ever

Ryan77
First Poster
Options

Hi. Just experienced something similar. Just get “QLED” flash up and the shuts off and tries again in 10/15 seconds either the same outcome

NatalieKock
Student
Options

Screenshot_20240417_011212_WhatsApp.jpg

 Same thing happened to me.

While Watching Tv 2x lines appeared.

So I took this Picture immediately. Buy the time samsung technicians came to evaluate the tv has 80% more lines and  is unfortunately  no longer viewable.

Samsung refuses to fix so we asked for a second opinion. They sent out Justin from Samsung and he said Wow i never seen something like this before.

again they refused to fix so again i insisted they send out a nother technician.

The 3rd technician Zafar also was baffled and not quiet sure what was going on and had not experienced a fault like this.

Time to now take this to the ombudsman.

Not happy with Samsung and never again will Samsung have the privilege of my business.

qa65q60cakxxa total rubbish

0 Likes