Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New 43 NeoQled TV not compatible with BBC iplayer?

(Topic created on: 2 weeks ago)
tcnunes
First Poster
Options
Hi, just upgraded our old TV to the new Samsung neo QLED 2024. Trying to install bbc iplayer it won't work. I was told that BBC did not certify Samsung tvs, thus iplayer cannot be installed. Is this correct?
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
OmegaMutant
Pathfinder
Options
So I've had a quick research and the BBC need to certify TVs that meet their benchmark.

I can't see 2024 listed on their site just yet, so it's either the TV hasn't met benchmark or not submitted for certification just yet.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/help/questions/supported-devices/samsung
AntS
Options

Just putting a more official statement from Samsung for folks here:

"We would like to apologise for the BBC iPlayer application not being available on your brand new 2024 Samsung Smart TV or Monitor.

Rest assured we are working hard with The BBC to bring their application to the 2024 Samsung Smart TV platform & will release it just as soon as we can."

nickcloke
First Poster
Options

Another person in the same boat here, with a new model 2024 Frame. Really disappointed that both iPlayer and Channel 4 apps were not available at launch, especially when they're shown in photographs on the Samsung website and listed as pre-installed apps. These are the free apps we use most as a family.

I do understand the certification process, but Samsung should have submitted the device for approval earlier. 

There is a fairly clunky workaround accessing both platforms via the Internet browser app. Annoying to navigate, but to be fair the videos stream well once they're playing.

0 Likes
fromthecliffs
First Poster
Options
If I were you I'd get a refund and buy an LG instead 👍
0 Likes
Peter A
First Poster
Options

Same here, just bought a 50” Frame, no iPlayer and the Online Chat said it will be available but they don’t know when. Advert shows clearly iPlayer available so that’s misrepresentation in my opinion despite the caveat you would reasonably expect to have the BBC app… have escalated a complaint for compensation which I can clearly see has been offered to another purchaser according to a review on their own website…

0 Likes