Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix Spatial Audio not available

(Topic created on: 20-01-2024 08:34 PM)
Chen0s
Student
Options

In my S90C audio is set to PCM (TV connected to external receiver via HDMI eArc)

Using Neflix app I only get 5.1 sound. Volume is very low. Spatial Audio not available

I'm subscribed to Netflix premium plan and had no issue streaming Spatial audio in Android TV or through other TV (not Samsung)

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Chen0s
Student
Options

Nothing?

0 Likes
JordanS
Options

If you are referring to the Dolby Atmos codec, get the film or tv show that has a Dolby Atmos soundtrack up on the screen, then head into Settings > Sound > Expert Settings > Set the Digital Output Audio Format to Auto > Then enable Dolby Atmos. This will only work with the receiver if it supports Dolby Atmos. Otherwise, you would need to use the built-in TV speakers for that codec. 

0 Likes
Chen0s
Student
Options

Hi Jordan

Thx for replying.

I'm not referring to Dolby Atmos. It's not supported by my system.

But I'm talking about the Spatial Audio feature.

0 Likes
JordanS
Options

Your TV does support Dolby Atmos though. Spatial Audio on Netflix is for set ups that don't  run 5.1 or Dolby Atmos. Both of these will override the Spatial Audio track that Netflix offers. If using an external audio receiver, we suggest checking to see if you can set this system to stereo instead of 5.1. 

0 Likes
Chen0s
Student
Options

Hi Jordan,

Actually my amplifier can transmit stereo only. It's not a receiver, but an all in one system with 2 channels. So no surround sound whatsoever. You can't even get sound if Audio Expert is set to 'Auto', only PCM delivers sound.
It's really  because the TV settings are on PCM in Audio Expert so basically there is no reason for Netflix app to even offer 5.1.
Do you think it's a bug on the app itself or in the way the app corresponds with the HDMI ARC connection?
The cables isn't the problem because 2.1 is backwards compatible. 
I'm clueless.
It's really  because the TV settings are on PCM in Audio Expert so basically there is no reason for Netflix app to even offer 5.1.
Do you think it's a bug on the app itself or in the way the app corresponds with the HDMI ARC connection?
I'm valueless.
I'm valueless.
0 Likes